Origin PC Now Offers In-Game Tech Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
Will bots operate the tech support? My dad always hated the tech support bot chats because of their unreliable text-to-machine and machine-to-text language.

bison88

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
Interesting idea. But oh man will I feel sorry for the tech support.

Gamer: "Hold on a minute while I frag this guy!"

*five minutes later*

Gamer: "Oh ***." SCROLL LOCK + X

Gamer: "So about my problem I'm having."

Tech Support: "Yes.....sir?"

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
They could always disconnect. Many tech support companies have some sort of a policy where the issue must be resolved within so many minutes, and if it goes overtime, then "lose connection".

JJ1217

Honorable
I dunno, their tech support currently is rather bad. I remember seeing an image on Battlelog in which the support asked a guy to delete Program Files. another image also of support asking to delete System 32 as well.

Origin is nice, except its instrusive, and often doesn't work. (I had to wait two weeks to play Battlefield 3 after buying it to play it because it would constantly fail to download registry files).

G

9:30am to 5:30pm EST

Great business model. Work only when everybody is off at school or work so there's nothing to do.

fuzzion

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2012
[citation][nom]fuckthejews[/nom][/citation]

I find your name hilarious and give u an upvote , but how have you not been banned yet ?

reviewer888

Honorable
Sep 16, 2012
EA is throwing everything they can at Origin just to get it noticed and say we have this and steam doesn't.
I think this is a last ditch effort though, they'll realize nothing is working and nobody is on Origin and nobody buys EA games anymore.
When production costs are greater than their sales, EA will come back to earth.

matt_b

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2009
[citation][nom]reviewer888[/nom]EA is throwing everything they can at Origin just to get it noticed and say we have this and steam doesn't.I think this is a last ditch effort though, they'll realize nothing is working and nobody is on Origin and nobody buys EA games anymore.When production costs are greater than their sales, EA will come back to earth.[/citation]
Unless I missed something, this is Origin PC, not Origin the gaming client.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
[citation][nom]matt_b[/nom]Unless I missed something, this is Origin PC, not Origin the gaming client.[/citation]

Correct, this is about Origin the Boutique pc builder, not the pile of steamy EA turd.

Status
Not open for further replies.