Sign in with
Your question

WAN Miniport (IKEv2) Drive Dead - Windows 7 - Can't Delete

Last response: in Windows 7
June 13, 2011 4:32:02 AM

Hello,
A windows update failed, and didn't back out properly. My machine is left crippled and cannot access the Internet (so can't use MS Driver update!). It won't let me manually download the driver (AGILEVPN.SYS). Any ideas how I could force a replacement of the damaged driver/file and get it to update?
a b $ Windows 7
June 13, 2011 7:02:26 PM

Boot from your win 7 disk and run startup and repair. then when it is working again shutoff all programs running in the background and run microsoft update again.
June 20, 2011 2:41:03 AM

almartin said:
Boot from your win 7 disk and run startup and repair. then when it is working again shutoff all programs running in the background and run microsoft update again.

Thanks for the response! Unfortunately, since it came installed on the laptop, and when I tried to prepare an installation/backup disk per instructions, that didn't work either. So, fool that I am, I've run for a year and 1/2 without any sort of real protection, except careful backups of all my data.

I WAS able to solve it, however, by copying select files from my wife's Win 7 Pro laptop (an HP where mine is a Gateway). Once I had Internet, I updated all the drivers. It somehow knocked out the HP priter (but not scanner, go figure). SO I download the HP driver manually. Everything SEEMS to be working now...waiting for the next shoe to fall.

Pete A
Related resources
August 28, 2012 6:56:37 AM

Hi. Pete A,
I also encount the situation almost the same with yours,
Could you please tell me what were the selected files copied from your wife's laptop?
Thanks!!
July 5, 2013 9:37:12 AM

Hi there!

I'm having a problem right now with my laptop(windows 7, home premium)..first thing i noticed was, it didnt respond to the shutdown command. when i was trying to figure out what was preventing it to shutdown a dialog box pop out and it says that "WAN Miniport (IKEv2)" from microsoft corporation is doing it so, and the file name was something like "RAS-Agile....". I tried to uninstall that application through that window that pops out but suddenly it freeze. It wont let me uninstall the program and, and still it wont shutdown. I didnt find the file name when i tried to uninstall it using the control panel.

The next day i tried to check "Performance information and tools", "Device manager", "Remote settings", and "System protection" from CONTROL PANEL, then suddenly it hangs. Whenever I tried to open those options it just hang, it wont even let me close the control panwl window. I dont know what to do right now. Am just putting it on sleep mode to save the battery.

_swain.
!