Have you given up building your own PCs?

Have you given up building your PCs?

• Yes, I have. I only use Dell, HP, Compaq, or some other company

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I build my own PCs all the time

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Sometimes I build my own and other times I go through a manufacturer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

izanaki

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2006
The reason I'm asking this is, is because after years of building PCs on my own which I have loved I am now getting frustrated with it.

I have no problem putting in the parts or anything but when having to install all the drivers individually a lot of the time and then try to set everything up so it works has now become a less appealing.

I know once you got everything up and running you should really create and image of your drive to prevent this from happening but have any of you just resorted to going with a manufacturer and being totally happy with that decision?

migs008

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2009
Some people build it themeselves since it is a lot cheaper. Probably most people who buys pre-built one is because they can't build 1, too lazy, too rich, not really tech savvy, or does not want to deal with the problems of having to build it themselves.

If I were rich yeah i'd probably just get an alienware or something but alas I am but a corpse chained to my gold. (Actually if I had gold i'd be richer better make that copper).

So I would go building one myself. GO CHEAP!!