OCR software that will scan 1000 docs automatically?

I have around 1000 PDFs in a series of subfolders. The PDFs are a mix
of text and image-only PDFs.

I would like an OCR program that
a) can be set to automatically look at each and all PDFs in a folder,
including subfolders, to determine if the PDF is image-only text;

b) does OCR on image-only PDFs only; and

c) overwrites the image-only PDF with an image-on-text PDF

Can anyone recommend an OCR program that can do this?

I am running Win XP on a medium-spec machine.

Thanks in advance
Matt

Thomas

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2003

Hi,

www.bookscanning.com does converting jobs like pdf file into word files
etc. Check it out here at:

www.bookscanning.com

Thomas
mattb02@gmail.com wrote:
> I have around 1000 PDFs in a series of subfolders. The PDFs are a mix
> of text and image-only PDFs.
>
> I would like an OCR program that
> a) can be set to automatically look at each and all PDFs in a folder,
> including subfolders, to determine if the PDF is image-only text;
>
> b) does OCR on image-only PDFs only; and
>
> c) overwrites the image-only PDF with an image-on-text PDF
>
> Can anyone recommend an OCR program that can do this?
>
> I am running Win XP on a medium-spec machine.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Matt

You might also want to look at PaperPort from Scansoft. (Google it.)

Unlike, it seems, bookscanning, PaperPort is a DIY option.

MK