Bonnie

turned on computer to use scanner (hp psc 950) nothing there?No fax
either(hp). used uninstaller as per instructions. Reinstalled from original
HP downloaded new drivers. mind you this has worked flawlessly for over 1 1/2
yrs..Window says there is allready a copy of this cd in use. went to control
panel to uninstall program, click program and no where is there a place to
click to uninstall it click START, Click PROGRAM and no where does it have
anything for my psc. I am not computer smart but I don't delete anything...

Darrell

Hi Bonnie,

I have an HP PSC 950. Was the USB cord plugged into the system when you
first started your system? I don't guess it really matters now since you
have already uninstalled the HP PSC 950. Before you try to reinstall again,
make sure that all remnants of the Hp software are totaly removed from the
registry? Are you famailiar with the registry? If not, I would not advise
you deleting anything in the registry...this can cause other system problems
if you delete something that you need. Make sure that you install the
software drivers first before you plug in the HP 950 to your system. Once
the drivers are installed, turn your HP on and plug the usb cord into your
system...the system should "plug and play" and detect the new hardware and
install. If you're still having problems, post back and let me know.