HELP: Acer Prisa 620st

winston

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2002
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner,alt.comp.periphs.scanners (More info?)

Hope someone can help me out here. I have an Acer Prisa 620ST that I haven't
used for some time and now that I want to use it I cannot find the SCSI card
that came with it..
The scanner has a 25pin connector and I am at a loss as how to get this
thing going. What I need is a PCI SCSI card that has 25 pin connector and I
was wondering if anyone can help me with a sloution. I am also having an
Adaptec 2940UW in my setup and if there is a way to use this card with the
scanner but how do I do it since the external connector is 68 pin.
Any help is appreciated.

Winston

"Winston" <replyme@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Hope someone can help me out here. I have an Acer Prisa 620ST that I
haven't
> used for some time and now that I want to use it I cannot find the SCSI
card
> that came with it..
> The scanner has a 25pin connector and I am at a loss as how to get this
> thing going. What I need is a PCI SCSI card that has 25 pin connector and
> was wondering if anyone can help me with a sloution. I am also having an
> Adaptec 2940UW in my setup and if there is a way to use this card with the
> scanner but how do I do it since the external connector is 68 pin.
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> Winston

Acer is now Benq.
You can find the original PCI SCSI card here:
http://www.benqshopper.com/scac.html

Scroll to the bottom of the page.

Also the power adapter.
--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

Baz

Distinguished
May 1, 2004

"CSM1" <nomoremail@nomail.com> wrote in message
> "Winston" <replyme@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > Hope someone can help me out here. I have an Acer Prisa 620ST that I
> haven't
> > used for some time and now that I want to use it I cannot find the SCSI
> card
> > that came with it..
> > The scanner has a 25pin connector and I am at a loss as how to get this
> > thing going. What I need is a PCI SCSI card that has 25 pin connector
and
> > was wondering if anyone can help me with a sloution. I am also having an
> > Adaptec 2940UW in my setup and if there is a way to use this card with
the
> > scanner but how do I do it since the external connector is 68 pin.
> > Any help is appreciated.
> >
> > Winston
> >

> Acer is now Benq.
> You can find the original PCI SCSI card here:
> http://www.benqshopper.com/scac.html
>
> Scroll to the bottom of the page.
>
> Also the power adapter.
> --
> CSM1
> http://www.carlmcmillan.com
> --

Hi Winston,

Yes you can use the Adaptec 2940 SCSI card. I did for a while until I
upgraded to another scanner. Mine was an ACER Prisa 300S (or something like
that - it the 300dpi version of yours). I used a "Macintosh" style cable
with the 50pin (centronics style) to DB25 connectors. I came across an
adapter from 68 pin to the 50 pin (centronics style) connector. I didn't
worry about trying to terminate the end of the SCSI chain, in my case the
scanner.

A bit messy but it worked. You could make your own cable if you feel up to
it. Get a 68 pin cable to 50 pin (centronics style) plug and cut the 50 pin
one off and put a DB25 plug on. You'd have to do some research on pin
connections first, but the info shouldn't be too hard to find.

I also used with the same scanner at one time a Tekram DC315 SCSI card,
which to me seemed to be mainly useless for anything else. It also had the
68 pin connector on the back.

Regards
Barry