fried p5n32 sli premium

swimmattmile

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2006
Hi my psu in my brand new build just went crazy and blew and it took my mobo and viedo card with it. does anyone out there know if asus would replace my mobo. it looks like one of the cylinders below the memory slots blew out to the side under it towards the pci slots. it torched my graphics card a little but i know its dead. does anyone know what steps i should take. i have already ramd my psu. thanks for everyones help.

htoonthura

Distinguished
May 21, 2006
Hi my psu in my brand new build just went crazy and blew and it took my mobo and viedo card with it. does anyone out there know if asus would replace my mobo. it looks like one of the cylinders below the memory slots blew out to the side under it towards the pci slots. it torched my graphics card a little but i know its dead. does anyone know what steps i should take. i have already ramd my psu. thanks for everyones help.

I am sorry to hear that. i do not think they will replace your parts but you can try. I am sorry.

What is the brand name of your psu. How does that happen? I want to learn from your experience.

Take care.

swimmattmile

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2006
it was a thermaltake psu 750 watt. im sending all my damge stuff into their claim dept. see what they half to say.just keep all your paperwork.

wun911

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2006
I reckon its the thermal take tough power psu...
was it one of the new modular ones?

I hear that some of them had crossed wires.

ie you plug it in the correct way but the wires are actually crossed over and you short out your MB and everyhtink wiff it.

Asus wont give you new mb but thermaltake will give you new psu....

VelFog

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2006
ok i just bought one of these psu's (modular)

now i'm afraid to use it :?
won't be using the same board though...i dont wanna fry my hardware, i'd be shattered

wun911

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2006
Yeah it needs lots of juice I have the MB....

It needs 24pin + 8 pin + molex....

As far as I know only server style MBs need this much power input!

The minimum you could get away wiff (this is if you have SLI) is about 600w. (I mean this seriously because a 550wat Tagan couldnt cut the cake).

Throw in a couple Raptors, water pumps etc and you prob want 750wats or more.

I would probably start to look at some of the Silverstones or Tagans (They do make modular PSUs).

swimmattmile

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2006
well i sent my stuff into thermaltake there are gonna see if it was there psu that caused the burn marks on my mobo and vga card. it wasnt the modular psu.

bazza

Distinguished
May 9, 2004
if there are burn marks then try cleaning it up

if it looks respectable and no major chips look too burnt they should RMA it

If however, parts of the pcb are burnt, or worse burnt through the PCB then good luck with that