Directory tree

December 21, 2004 11:15:02 PM

How do I display and print a complete directory tree with expanded folders
and showing each file. Just trying to get better organized for 2005.

Tim

More about : directory tree

Anonymous
December 22, 2004 1:19:12 AM

Ok, Here's what you do. Go to start, run, type in cmd. Then type format c:
ad you're ready to go. :)  Hope this helped.
Anonymous
December 22, 2004 1:19:13 AM

I'm not very technical but how does formatting the C: drive give me a list of
the files on my drive?

Tim

"Carch" wrote:

> Ok, Here's what you do. Go to start, run, type in cmd. Then type format c:
> ad you're ready to go. :)  Hope this helped.

December 22, 2004 1:19:14 AM

Good for you, Tim, it doesn't. Ignore Carch or any other name under which
you see such advice.

You can print a directory tree with a command line, see the following:

However, my guess is you'd prefer a simple way of achieving this and there
are several free utilities that can handle this, just do a search on Google.
Many of them will print and display the full tree with all nested folders.

--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

"Lyonstexas" <Lyonstexas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm not very technical but how does formatting the C: drive give me a list
> of
> the files on my drive?
>
> Tim

Anonymous
December 22, 2004 11:54:18 AM

Lyonstexas wrote:
> How do I display and print a complete directory tree with expanded folders
> and showing each file. Just trying to get better organized for 2005.
>
> Tim

From the command prompt (Start > Run > Cmd.exe), simply change to the
desired directory and type "dir > filelist.txt" or "dir > lpt1," just as
you used to do in DOS. Any of the switches for the DIR command (type
"dir /?") will work with this command, if you wish to modify the
output. You can then subsequently edit the resulting text file using
NotePad, WordPad, Word, etc.

Alternatively:

HOW TO Add a Print Directory Feature for Folders in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=321379

To print the directory structure, substitute the "Tree" command for the
"Dir" command. "Tree" doesn't have quite as many options (type "Tree
/?") as "Dir," but you may find it useful.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH
Anonymous
December 22, 2004 1:57:20 PM

One of the free utilities is..........

Printfolder 1.2 from.....

http://no-nonsense-software.com/freeware/

I use PF 1.2 and find it to be more than adequate with custom features.

Gord

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 21:51:00 -0800, "Michael Solomon \(MS-MVP\)"
<user@#notme.com> wrote:

>Good for you, Tim, it doesn't. Ignore Carch or any other name under which
>you see such advice.
>
>You can print a directory tree with a command line, see the following:
>http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/window...
>
>However, my guess is you'd prefer a simple way of achieving this and there
>are several free utilities that can handle this, just do a search on Google.
>Many of them will print and display the full tree with all nested folders.
December 22, 2004 5:40:16 PM

basically he`s being a smartass, saying if you format your C drive, then
there is nothing to organize, all your problems are fixed. Just wish we
could block those types of people, unfortunately there are those out there
that would try to that, fortunately, Windows won`t let you do that.

Jeff

"Lyonstexas" <Lyonstexas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm not very technical but how does formatting the C: drive give me a list
> of
> the files on my drive?
>
> Tim
>
> "Carch" wrote:
>
>> Ok, Here's what you do. Go to start, run, type in cmd. Then type format
>> c:
>> ad you're ready to go. :)  Hope this helped.

November 21, 2009 8:34:36 AM

408-936-8888
!