Asus eax1950 pro 256 meg. No support?

cuppachar

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2006
I've been searching the Asus site for the latest drivers and support software (catalyst 6.10 for example) for the 1950 pro. The catalyst is not compatible with this card. On the Asus site like I say there is no reference to the card. Have I bought a lemon? Is this a cheap card they released in order to use up excess chips produced before they release dx10 cards?
Any comments gratefully accepted.

a123456

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2006
No, the card is fine. It's more an ATI driver issue. If you want something working, use the drivers on the CD. They're a hacked up version of the 6.9s or 6.10s that seem to at least detect the card and install fine and work with the ASUS Smartdoctor software.

If you want to use the "official" 6.10s, then you have to let the installer unpack everything, let it get its error and then go to the Device Manager and force install the drivers using the "X1950 series" and "X1950 series Secondary" by browsing to the directory where the unpacked files are.

It seems like standard par for newer ATI cards. The release notes on the 6.10 drivers that just came out say that it *just* added official support for the X1950XTX, which came out a few months ago...

I've been using the old 6.10 betas because FAH likes those better than the gold 6.10s, but either one should work relatively fine for now.