Cross Fire Edition X1950XTX question

GhostX

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2005
Question:

Just built a great computer. It worked like a champ till I plug in the crossfire. It hooks up the settings are fine. But when I get to a place where there is alot of graphics going on. The picture on my monitor goes away and then comes back.. rinse repeat. I get the feeling I need to return the Crossfire card since the machine ran like a top till I put it in.

Anyone ever hear of this? Is it power? Or Thermal? I wouldnt think power as the game doesnt shut off I hear it in the background.. the picture just goes away and comes back... and goes away..

Hard in an RTS.. gotta hope they win hehe

kugi

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2006
I am about to do the same setup.

Uninstall all video drivers, completely. Use the drivers that are crossfire supported. the normal 6.10 drivers will not turn on crossfire for you(i think).

If your still having problems with the game sounds reinstall the sound drivers.

Your using the Radeon card+ Crossfire card = crossfire??

GhostX

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2005
Both Sapphire cards.. one crossfire edition and one master.

They work.. and go through 3DMark2006 scoring me about 11500 points. But when the rendering gets hard.. the video goes out.. in games the sound is still there and it comes back in a second. But its like the old TV that shorts out a bit.

I have the right drivers. I got it working just fine.. but I think the card has issues. The thing was OEM and I noticed all the fastening bolts are stripped so you cant screw it in. Thus I will return it.. I think I will just skip crossfire on a DX9 card now that DX10 is on its way. That way it wont break me to upgrade.

The X1950XTX plays games insanely well.. AAx6 is real nice. Granted in crossfire you get much more options for AA and more.

kugi

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2006
in 3dmark05 i get 12151 score, just using a single ATI Radeon x1950 XTX.

some reason 3dmark06 doesnt work.

Intel Cor 2 Duo E6600
MSI 975x PUE
ATI Radeon x1950 XTX, 6.10 drivers
2gigs(2x1) Kingston HyperX DDR2 6000pc (750mhz) 4-4-4-4-15
(running at 667mhz now)
WinXP_Pro_SP2_32bit
X-FI sound card.