scanning program for HP ScanJet 5p for Windows XP

Dima

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2004

Hello
What is a good scanning program for my HP ScanJet 5p for Windows XP? HP
PrecisionScan Pro 2.03 is good, but gives a pink tint to my photos. HP
DeskScan 2.9 writes that there is an error in comunicating with the
scanner. Windows Scanner Wizard has too small preview windows to adjust
the image.

"Dima" <kopn@bk.ru> wrote in message
> Hello
> What is a good scanning program for my HP ScanJet 5p for Windows XP? HP
> PrecisionScan Pro 2.03 is good, but gives a pink tint to my photos. HP
> DeskScan 2.9 writes that there is an error in comunicating with the
> scanner. Windows Scanner Wizard has too small preview windows to adjust
> the image.

Any of a number of Photo Editors will do post processing. What control you
have in the TWAIN interface is whatever the manufacturer put into the TWAIN
interface.

Photo editors such as Photoshop, Photoshop Elements, Paint Shop Pro, and The
Gimp, all have a scanning interface to acquire images directly from a
scanner.

After acquiring the image, you can correct tint, adjust exposure and all
other tasks.

To learn more about scanning:
http://www.scantips.com

--