HELP: Acerscan Prisa 620st

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner,alt.comp.periphs.scanners (More info?)

Hope someone can helop me out again.
I have the Prisa 620ST scanner and I recently got an Adaptec AVA-2902E/I
SCSI Controller 25 pin PCI Adapter card.
My scanner cannot be detected by the scanning software. I am wondering what
am I doing wrong here. I think that with this card, there must be
termination but how do I do this. The cable I am using has both ends 25 pin
male and the connector of the card is a 25 pin female. The scanner itself
has no termination switch or jumper so how do I get this thing to work? Am I
using the wrong card?
Pls help me out here someone. I would greatly appreciate any advice. Can I
still use this card or do I have to get a card dedicated to uuse on this
particular scanner?

Thank you in advance
Winston
1 answer Last reply
More about help acerscan prisa 620st
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner,alt.comp.periphs.scanners (More info?)

    "Winston" <replyme@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > Hope someone can helop me out again.
    > I have the Prisa 620ST scanner and I recently got an Adaptec AVA-2902E/I
    > SCSI Controller 25 pin PCI Adapter card.
    > My scanner cannot be detected by the scanning software. I am wondering
    > what
    > am I doing wrong here. I think that with this card, there must be
    > termination but how do I do this. The cable I am using has both ends 25
    > pin
    > male and the connector of the card is a 25 pin female. The scanner itself
    > has no termination switch or jumper so how do I get this thing to work? Am
    > using the wrong card?
    > Pls help me out here someone. I would greatly appreciate any advice. Can I
    > still use this card or do I have to get a card dedicated to uuse on this
    > particular scanner?
    >
    > Thank you in advance
    > Winston

    The new card is detected by XP, isn't it?
    Set the scanner SCSI ID to 2 if not used by another device. Do not change it
    after the scanner is found. Do not use ID 0,1 or 7, any other ID is OK.

    First if you are using Windows XP or Windows 2000.
    Install Adaptec ASPI.

    Direct link to download. Right click, save target as:
    http://download.adaptec.com/software_pc/aspi/aspi_471a2.exe

    Install the Scanner Software first then install ASPI. The reason being
    because the Scanner software has an old ASPI driver. The new ASPI will then
    overwrite the old ASPI.

    Install the latest software for the 620ST.
    Download from Benq, was Acer.
    http://www.benq.us/ServiceAndSupport/

    Be sure you select the 620ST model, the other 620's will not work.
    Be sure to install the software before connecting the scanner. (unplug the
    SCSI cable)
    Read the instructions they have for installing the scanner on Windows XP.

    My experience with Windows XP home SP2, is the transparency mode is screwed
    up by a WIA driver stuck in the TWAIN folder by Windows XP that must be
    renamed to get the Transparency mode to work correctly in Windows XP.

    The fix I (finally) found is to rename a file in the TWAIN driver that XP
    SP2 insisted on putting in the Twain driver folder.
    (C:\WINDOWS\Twain_32\Mira3_42)
    Mirascan 3.42 is the TWAIN driver for the Acer.

    For my scanner the filename was NT5Supp.sti, I renamed it to
    CSM_NT5Supp.sti. I also found that renaming to NT5Supp.sti.csm works also.
    Deleting the file did not work because SP2 kept putting it back.
    My initials are CSM, thus the filename.

    --
    CSM1
    http://www.carlmcmillan.com