Not all contacts sync to hand held

February 21, 2005 12:01:09 AM

All of my contacts are not syncing over from my desk top to my Dell Axim
x50. I've done a total reset on the x50 then tried again with no luck. Is
there anything I can do to get all of the contacts to sync over.
Anonymous
February 21, 2005 1:07:31 AM

What contacts do not sync down to the device - Do they have something unique
about them - like certain Categories, certain fileds, something .. I wish
you could find something about all the contacts that do not get sync'ed down
so that we know try and repro it inhouse

--
Juggs Ravalia
jayrava@online.microsoft.com

"Mel" <melnadja@sisqtel.net> wrote in message
> All of my contacts are not syncing over from my desk top to my Dell Axim
> x50. I've done a total reset on the x50 then tried again with no luck. Is
> there anything I can do to get all of the contacts to sync over.

Anonymous
February 21, 2005 10:09:20 PM

"Mel" <melnadja@sisqtel.net> wrote in message
> All of my contacts are not syncing over from my desk top to my Dell Axim
> x50. I've done a total reset on the x50 then tried again with no luck. Is
> there anything I can do to get all of the contacts to sync over.

Perhaps you have ActiveSync configured to synchronise only some of the
Categories?

http://www.geekzone.co.nz
http://www.geekmac.com
February 21, 2005 10:09:21 PM

Some of the ones that are not syncing were in a separate category (Category
A). I decided to eliminate Category A and dragged and dropped them into the
main Contacts folder. Some of those I dragged over synced and some did not.

"Mauricio Freitas [MVP]" <dr.emailposter@nowhere.invalid> wrote in message
> "Mel" <melnadja@sisqtel.net> wrote in message
>> All of my contacts are not syncing over from my desk top to my Dell Axim
>> x50. I've done a total reset on the x50 then tried again with no luck.
>> Is there anything I can do to get all of the contacts to sync over.
>

> Perhaps you have ActiveSync configured to synchronise only some of the
> Categories?

> http://www.geekzone.co.nz
> http://www.geekmac.com
> Geekzone Software Store: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/store

Anonymous
February 21, 2005 10:09:22 PM

"dragged and dropped them into the main Contacts folder."

this is your problem - only the main contact folder will sync, activesync
does not support sub-folders in contacts
Anonymous
February 22, 2005 10:22:36 AM

Ah, so you're not using Category, but folders. The synchronisation process
does not transfer contacts in folders, only the main one.

http://www.geekzone.co.nz
http://www.geekmac.com

> Some of the ones that are not syncing were in a separate category
> (Category A). I decided to eliminate Category A and dragged and dropped
> them into the main Contacts folder. Some of those I dragged over synced
> and some did not.
>

> "Mauricio Freitas [MVP]" <dr.emailposter@nowhere.invalid> wrote in message
>> "Mel" <melnadja@sisqtel.net> wrote in message
>>> All of my contacts are not syncing over from my desk top to my Dell Axim
>>> x50. I've done a total reset on the x50 then tried again with no luck.
>>> Is there anything I can do to get all of the contacts to sync over.
>>

>> Perhaps you have ActiveSync configured to synchronise only some of the
>> Categories?
>>
>> --
>> Mauricio Freitas, Microsoft MVP Mobile Devices
>> http://www.geekzone.co.nz
>> http://www.geekmac.com
>> Bluetooth guides: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=449
>> Geekzone Software Store: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/store

February 22, 2005 10:22:37 AM

I dragged and dropped the content of the sub folder into the primary. Does
this mean I have to manually put each contact from the sub folder into the
main folder to get them to sync?
news:o mqKXIEGFHA.3728@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...

!