Optiarc (Sony/NEC) AD-7173A - HELP Please

G

Hi

I have just bought the Optiarc (Sony/NEC) AD-7173A and have tried installing it onto my Asus AV8-Deluexe Motherboard with no luck. BIOS and Windows recognise it, I can eject and close it via windows explorer. I have tried it in cable select and Master mode, I have tried a different power cable and IDE cable. I was running an NED 4551A with no problems. Could someone help me with this please! I have put my old drive back in and it still works fine.

Many thanks

Edd

bacis

Distinguished
May 29, 2005
hi.
which one is your problem???
you can't read cd or dvd,or you can't write anything at cd(dvd)??
what software are you using?
if your software is too old maby then it can't regornise that drive as writer.
if this is the case then update your software.

influenza

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006
i have a problem too with this writer:
it reads fine, but it writes only in PIO transfer mode. This is something odd. any ideas?
i have tried changing the cable, reinstalling the drivers. i have even tried another nec writer(older) and its the same.

txanx

vagsk

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2007
it reads fine, but it writes only in PIO transfer mode. This is something odd. any ideas?
i have tried changing the cable, reinstalling the drivers. i have even tried another nec writer(older) and its the same.

txanx

Did you try to connect it though a new ATA133 cable?

pmr

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2006
Optiarc drives are just stupid. I bought two yesterday, 1 optiarc 7170s and one lite on, both sata to dump the pci ide controller. The lite on burned everything, but the nec is driving me crazy. Going to try new firmware and see if it helps. As for you guys, maybe try the same.

influenza

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006

txanx

Did you try to connect it though a new ATA133 cable?

are there more cables than 80/40 pins? 8O