ps3 graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.

enforcerfx

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2006
http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/playstation-three.htm

Console video card's aren't like PC video cards in the ways you can upgrade and install new ones...

No, it isn't SLI ready.

It's Crossfire ready. :lol:

And Dell ready. :lol:

G

I agree
Just *** google it

=).

Ps3 and xbox 360 will have really similar graphics, that's the bottom line, pick either one base on: Exclusive game title, your preferred online implementation.

And for anyone who think either one is better: We don't care, just go play your games 8)

mesarectifier

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2006
Itll be obsolete by the time it retails anyways.

What makes you say that?

We're still playing PS2 more than half a decade later... of course Xbox is another story, but with some creative homebrew and sketchy hard disk removal tricks it's the best HTPC you've never used.

tool_462

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2006
I love my PS2, still play it and will continue to play it until it breaks. Last night actually, I took it all apart and cleaned it out, wired in a new 60mm fan and added some rubber grommets between the aluminum fins (I have the old style) and now it is completely SILENT, I'm talking when I put it back together I thought it wasnt working when I turned it on. It used to have annoying hum from the fan and it rattled a little when seeking on the disc. Now it is dead silent and I will love it till it is destroyed.

I still play my NES system :p So does about half my floor, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Manhattan Project is a great game to play with a couple friends and have some drinks.

theworminator

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2006
I like my Xbox. Sure, it's big and clunky and black, but it plays Halo. Which I am rather fond of :lol: And my computer can't play the PC version decently...damn my FX 5200.

The PS3 looks pretty good, though just SLIGHTLY out of my price range. And no Gears of War

pauldh

Illustrious
Kid ya not, on Monday, I had a Circuit City employee who was stacking PC games tell me he can't wait for PS3 as it is so powerful having 7 or 8 PC processors in it. Ugh, not wanting to get into it I just kindly told him to read up on the details and not get sucked into marketing hype. He kinda looked like I stole his lunch money when I told him about the article I read that stated a single core A64 had way more power than that PS3 cell processor. (old pulled anand article). Anyway, I was in grabbing a bunch of PC NFSMW's for gifts as they were $9.99. :wink:

pauldh

Illustrious
:oops:

Well, when you stay off torrents as I do, it becomes necesary to find a store that has cheap PC games. CC has some good deals even on new releases. Anyway, I can't resist a bargain on a favorite game like Most Wanted, hoping those I give it to will get half the fun I had with it. Not to mention, I pass by CC almost every day so it's easy to stop in after work or even at lunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.