Sign in with
Your question
Closed

ps3 graphics

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 13, 2006 11:41:47 PM

i want to now wat grafics does the ps3 have in the board.

More about : ps3 graphics

November 13, 2006 11:48:46 PM

which 1 is it sli ready
Related resources
November 14, 2006 12:24:59 AM

No, no, no, it is fanboy and idiot-proof ready.
November 14, 2006 12:33:20 AM

8O Noooo, not another GD console thread. These answers can be found with a quick search.
November 14, 2006 12:35:10 AM

wats the diffrence btween x-box360 or the ps3
November 14, 2006 12:36:12 AM

Quote:

About $200.
November 14, 2006 5:23:35 AM

Quote:

I have a better question:

What's the difference between a lazy arse and a newb? :wink:

People, get online and do some freaking research!

Start here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_3
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360

These threads are a waste of time and a lot of times they lead to flaming, which is bad for everybody.
November 14, 2006 5:33:19 AM

PFF who cares??
Itll be obsolete by the time it retails anyways.
November 14, 2006 7:00:19 AM

Quote:
PFF who cares??

I second that.
November 14, 2006 4:31:33 PM

Quote:

About $200.

LOL, classic, and so true
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
November 14, 2006 5:49:30 PM

I agree
Just *** google it

=).

Ps3 and xbox 360 will have really similar graphics, that's the bottom line, pick either one base on: Exclusive game title, your preferred online implementation.

And for anyone who think either one is better: We don't care, just go play your games 8)
November 14, 2006 7:47:01 PM

Quote:

About $200.

Um, Regis, Im gonna go with the flashy lights. Final answer.
November 14, 2006 8:22:33 PM

Quote:
PFF who cares??
It already is. :lol: 
November 14, 2006 8:34:05 PM

Quote:

What makes you say that?

We're still playing PS2 more than half a decade later... of course Xbox is another story, but with some creative homebrew and sketchy hard disk removal tricks it's the best HTPC you've never used.
November 14, 2006 9:11:58 PM

I love my PS2, still play it and will continue to play it until it breaks. Last night actually, I took it all apart and cleaned it out, wired in a new 60mm fan and added some rubber grommets between the aluminum fins (I have the old style) and now it is completely SILENT, I'm talking when I put it back together I thought it wasnt working when I turned it on. It used to have annoying hum from the fan and it rattled a little when seeking on the disc. Now it is dead silent and I will love it till it is destroyed.

I still play my NES system :p  So does about half my floor, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Manhattan Project is a great game to play with a couple friends and have some drinks.
November 14, 2006 10:12:53 PM

I like my Xbox. Sure, it's big and clunky and black, but it plays Halo. Which I am rather fond of :lol:  And my computer can't play the PC version decently...damn my FX 5200.

The PS3 looks pretty good, though just SLIGHTLY out of my price range. And no Gears of War
November 14, 2006 10:23:52 PM

Quote:
8O Noooo, not another GD console thread. These answers can be found with a quick search.

There's about fifty million console forums on the web, yet some dipshiit always seems to be clueless enough to post a question about them here :roll:
a b U Graphics card
November 14, 2006 10:39:29 PM

Kid ya not, on Monday, I had a Circuit City employee who was stacking PC games tell me he can't wait for PS3 as it is so powerful having 7 or 8 PC processors in it. Ugh, not wanting to get into it I just kindly told him to read up on the details and not get sucked into marketing hype. He kinda looked like I stole his lunch money when I told him about the article I read that stated a single core A64 had way more power than that PS3 cell processor. (old pulled anand article). Anyway, I was in grabbing a bunch of PC NFSMW's for gifts as they were $9.99. :wink:
November 14, 2006 10:42:54 PM

I have learned from the internet that Paul seems to shop at Circuit City a lot :?
November 14, 2006 10:46:30 PM

Quote:
PFF who cares??
It already is. :lol: 
I know, but it sounds catchier that way :lol: 
or would 'It was obsolete before it retailed' be better??
a b U Graphics card
November 14, 2006 10:57:40 PM

:oops: 

Well, when you stay off torrents as I do, it becomes necesary to find a store that has cheap PC games. CC has some good deals even on new releases. Anyway, I can't resist a bargain on a favorite game like Most Wanted, hoping those I give it to will get half the fun I had with it. Not to mention, I pass by CC almost every day so it's easy to stop in after work or even at lunch.
November 15, 2006 10:11:03 AM

Quote:
I still play my NES system Razz So does about half my floor, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Manhattan Project is a great game to play with a couple friends and have some drinks.

Exactly. I don't think a games console really can become obsolete. It'll always have a selection of games for it that are totally kickass and nothing else can play, whereas a PC...well, you get my drift.

Since I modded my Xbox me and my friends have played about half an hour of Halo 2 and spent the rest of the time playing Donkey Kong Country, Super Mario Bros. 3, Brian Lara Cricket for PS1 and other classics! Of course then there's also the option of playing things like Boogerman, the Home Improvement game (most difficult game ever, by miles) and everyone's favourite Michael Jackson's Moonwalker (Genesis and MAME), which, although fairly stupid, are ten times more fun than a lot of modern games.

Point is, I think it's really retarded to say a console is obsolete - while my G3 PowerMac is almost useless now, my PS2 which came out just a few months later is still alive and kicking and awesome fun. When I get a PS3 it's not just suddenly going to stop being fun (in fact I'll probably still have to use it if the stories about all the 'legacy' components of the PS3 are to be believed!)
November 15, 2006 2:57:41 PM

Screw graphics. I want a Wii!

Once they make the next 'Jedi Knight' title for the Wii, all other consoles will be obsolete... :p 
November 15, 2006 3:44:50 PM

I second that. Look at Gears of War for instance. It looks BETER than some Ps3 games...

I think the RSX is like a 7800GTX
November 15, 2006 3:51:38 PM

Aren't they making a "Darth Vader" game specificaly for the wii? I think i read something like that in EGM's rumor mill...
a b U Graphics card
November 15, 2006 3:56:10 PM

Quote:
I have learned from the internet that Paul seems to shop at Circuit City a lot :?

LOL! :trophy: :mrgreen: :trophy:
a b U Graphics card
November 15, 2006 3:59:48 PM

Quote:

I think the RSX is like a 7800GTX

Actually more like a GF7900GT with half the memory bitwidth/bandwidth.
November 15, 2006 4:06:44 PM

why can't you just play those games using a emulator? I can play just about any onld nes, snes, genesis along with other console games on my pc using an emulator. Both consoles and pc's serve a purpose, just that pc's have far greater utility than a console does, and play the same games with better eye candy. Also, I don't see the PS3 looking any better than the 360 or playing any better. They seem to be about equally powered. To each his own.

wes
November 15, 2006 4:08:28 PM

Can you confirm this Cleeve? If so...I may buy a console for the first time since the original NES.

And I must admit, Lair for the PS3 looks sick.
November 15, 2006 4:08:55 PM

Quote:
Screw graphics. I want a Wii!

:D  I knew I liked you, Cleeve.

Only a few more days until the Wii-kend...

(I never thought I'd post in a PS3 thread. :? )
November 15, 2006 4:53:05 PM

Quote:
Can you confirm this Cleeve? If so...I may buy a console for the first time since the original NES.

Nah, but I think it's an inevitability...

One one hand, nintendo has always been tight with lucasarts (rogue leader was a Gamecube launch title, that is still one of the most beautiful space games of all time IMHO).

On the other hand, the wii remote would be the ultimate lightsaber emulator.

Just a matter of time...
November 15, 2006 5:29:08 PM

Quote:
why can't you just play those games using a emulator? I can play just about any onld nes, snes, genesis along with other console games on my pc using an emulator. Both consoles and pc's serve a purpose, just that pc's have far greater utility than a console does, and play the same games with better eye candy. Also, I don't see the PS3 looking any better than the 360 or playing any better. They seem to be about equally powered. To each his own.

Xbox is cheaper, is the best HTPC in the world, it's quiet, goes direct to the TV without any adapters and stuff and also has 4 controllers. You can't play multiplayer MAME etc... without all huddling round a keyboard on a PC.
a b U Graphics card
November 15, 2006 6:13:28 PM

Lotsa Hyperbole there, you perpetuate alot of myths.

To counter your mythical statements....

Most graphics cards have TV out, and most new TVs have a digital in, so that's not a diff.

As for huddling around a keyboard, who needs to huddle around a keyboard, you can use many more controllers incluing the Xbox 360's and others, just like a console.

Best HTPC? Hardly, only even competative due to game titles and then it's a toss-up which is better for game, for the rest it's terribly limited with PC having HD-DVD and BR first.

St00pid console threads! :roll:
November 15, 2006 7:20:33 PM

Quote:
Most graphics cards have TV out, and most new TVs have a digital in, so that's not a diff.

Who wants to move their whole PC to the TV to play? Xbox is 2 cables, and lives by the TV anyway.

Quote:
As for huddling around a keyboard, who needs to huddle around a keyboard, you can use many more controllers incluing the Xbox 360's and others, just like a console.

True, but a TV is bigger than a PC screen (almost always), and it's in the living room with sofas and stuff. My initial point is that it's awesome for playing old multiplayer games with your friends, and who has a sofa next to their PC?

Quote:
Best HTPC? Hardly, only even competative due to game titles and then it's a toss-up which is better for game, for the rest it's terribly limited with PC having HD-DVD and BR first.

You have a point there - there will never be a BD/HD-DVD ROM drive for Xbox, so as those formats become more popular that aspect of it will become obsolete. However, it does the job of an HTPC better than XP MCE, and the whole system can cost as little as £30 (plus a couple of hours to softmod, and £5 for a copy of Splinter Cell).
November 15, 2006 8:13:20 PM

Quote:

About $200.
Ha, unless you want one before 2007, its more like $1500. Unless you're in line right now.

Quote:

One one hand, nintendo has always been tight with lucasarts (rogue leader was a Gamecube launch title, that is still one of the most beautiful space games of all time IMHO).

On the other hand, the wii remote would be the ultimate lightsaber emulator.

Just a matter of time...

Another reason to get a wii... lightsabers rule!
a b U Graphics card
November 15, 2006 8:27:14 PM

Quote:
Who wants to move their whole PC to the TV to play? Xbox is 2 cables, and lives by the TV anyway.

Some people have HTPC already in their living rooms, and laptops too (me), both of which can be smaller than an X360. But the point being your statement is misleading if you think only the console can hook up to TV/HDTV, my best friend in Toronto has had his hooked up to his TV for years, and he doesn't own a console, and likely never will. Most new HDTVs come with PC inputs or allow DVI-to-HDMI in. So it's easier than ever before.

Quote:
My initial point is that it's awesome for playing old multiplayer games with your friends, and who has a sofa next to their PC?

Me. And I have both consoles and PCs. I rarely bother hooking up the PC to my TV because I get better resolution from my 19" Phillips CRT if I need it, and it scales better than my HDTV. But there is the option for both. Heck my dad has his PC hooked up beside his TV, and if it weren't for it being a whimpy MAC I'd be able to game on his HDTV too.

The point is there is no technical limit to PCs doing anything you mentioned.
November 15, 2006 8:27:42 PM

Ha, i just played the ps3 at my local best buy. To be honest i can't see a big difference, if any at all, between it and the 360. In my opinion its not worth the $600 price tag at all.

not at all worth it....
November 15, 2006 9:07:32 PM

my god, I can't believe that I am going to post in a ps3 forum and help it keep going...
one of the things people may be over looking though in terms of the ps3 (saying there is no difference in graphics with 360)is that with the better hardware it will probably have a better shelf life than the 360. Think of it this way...
My current computer x2 3800 w/ x1900 ati card. It will play any game that I want at any resolution that I need (note I don't have a monitor over 21" :p ) The games will look no better than a c2 system with the new nvidia 8800 gtx card. But come 2 years time there will be a huge difference in what these two can do without me upgrading my system. I know the difference is greater than the 360 - ps3 conversation, but same deal. More powerful hardware, better prospects for games in the future. Personally I will buy not buy either, but those are my two cents.
November 15, 2006 9:10:12 PM

Quote:
Ha, i just played the ps3 at my local best buy. To be honest i can't see a big difference, if any at all, between it and the 360. In my opinion its not worth the $600 price tag at all.

not at all worth it....

What!? Can't you SEE and PLAY the Sony difference?!? :lol: 

yeah...$600 is a freaking amount just for a console gamer...pretty pictures and all.
November 16, 2006 12:42:18 AM

Quote:
my god, I can't believe that I am going to post in a ps3 forum and help it keep going...
one of the things people may be over looking though in terms of the ps3 (saying there is no difference in graphics with 360)is that with the better hardware it will probably have a better shelf life than the 360. Think of it this way...
My current computer x2 3800 w/ x1900 ati card. It will play any game that I want at any resolution that I need (note I don't have a monitor over 21" :p ) The games will look no better than a c2 system with the new nvidia 8800 gtx card. But come 2 years time there will be a huge difference in what these two can do without me upgrading my system. I know the difference is greater than the 360 - ps3 conversation, but same deal. More powerful hardware, better prospects for games in the future. Personally I will buy not buy either, but those are my two cents.

mace it won't make that big of a difference...........trust me, i don't care what anyone says.

That thing is not worth the 600 bucks and you know it..........
November 16, 2006 1:12:52 AM

I'm going for the Wii for sure, just cant justify that much money for a PS3 (I've only ever bought mid range PC's) and the Wii controller is going to be just plain kicka55, plus me and my mates still play Super Smash Brothers on N64 for a few hours every sunday morning after a night out and i can't wait to play the new BRAWL game with that awesome controller :D .
November 16, 2006 1:40:09 AM

Quote:
But both the Xbox360 and PS3 are already obsolete on terms of hardware capabilities, however the PS3 is actually worse off. The Xbox360 GPU is a much better design than the PS3's seeing as it's nothing more than a cut down 7900GT.
November 16, 2006 3:53:59 AM

exactly. though the cell COULD be interesting...
a b U Graphics card
October 14, 2010 1:48:45 AM

Wow what a bump 4 year old thread just... Wow
a c 236 U Graphics card
October 14, 2010 3:10:15 AM

its a spammer, mouse will zap him
a c 273 U Graphics card
October 14, 2010 10:54:52 AM

Spammer zapped and thread put back to rest in peace.

[:thegreatgrapeape:7]
!