Sign in with
Your question

ps3 cpu

Last response: in CPUs
November 13, 2006 11:45:12 PM

i want to now wat kind of processor does the ps3 have in the board

More about : ps3 cpu

November 14, 2006 12:21:03 AM

An obscure IBM Power PC "Cell" Processor.
Related resources
November 14, 2006 12:36:56 AM

is there any diffrence btween xbox 360 and the ps3
November 14, 2006 12:44:19 AM

Well, if probably won't be that great in games, but the most important part in games is the GPU, and even in that arena I think(my opinion) that the 360 has an edge on the GPU side. And the cell processor might be better at specific tasks, gaming not being one of them. We will see.... my vote is the 360 is a better choice.

wes
November 14, 2006 1:16:52 AM

No, they are exactly the same [sarcasm].

There are huge differences between the two, boiling down to the PS3 is positioned more as a total entertainment device, while the XBOX360 focuses a bit more on the gaming side of things.

For more info, please do a little research on any of the thousands of sites listing their info...
November 14, 2006 1:20:36 AM

Quote:
Well, if probably won't be that great in games, but the most important part in games is the GPU, and even in that arena I think(my opinion) that the 360 has an edge on the GPU side. And the cell processor might be better at specific tasks, gaming not being one of them. We will see.... my vote is the 360 is a better choice.

wes

Well, depending on the Programming Model, the Cell can be used like a GPU and perform fairly well as far as image manipulation.

I think the biggest differences are in game franchises, just as in the last model.
November 14, 2006 4:09:00 AM

It's my understanding that the Cell processor is extremely powerful at the mathematical side of gaming realism, just as SSE is powerful for the data side.

As always, when you're coding games (and not just a port), you seek to maximize the capabilities of the hardware it'll run on. So to say that the Cell is no good at current PC game code is to reveal a lack of understanding, as current code is designed around the x86/SSE architecture, resulting in games with (in simplified terms) vibrant colors and intricate shapes but unrealistic object motion, for instance.
November 14, 2006 4:34:50 AM

There are many sites that will give you more information than you can handle. This being a mainly PC enthusiast site, will not be one to feed you endless numbers. Try Google, I found a ridiculously large number of sites detailing information.
November 14, 2006 4:48:06 AM

Quote:
i want to now wat kind of processor does the ps3 have in the board

ehh
November 14, 2006 5:03:06 AM

Just do some friggin' research! It would take you as long to just check on Sony's website for some information as it would to ask!!! :lol: 
!