Windows x64 driver for PrimeFilm 3600 Pro

Does anybody have any experience with PrimeScan and Windows XP
Professional 64? I have recently bought one and it does not work under
Windows x64. Need help please!

Ask Primescan for 64 bit drivers. They will probably say 'they're working
on them' like most other scanner manufacturers, but at least it will give
them a kick in the right direction.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"Fakir" <cmirchev@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Does anybody have any experience with PrimeScan and Windows XP
> Professional 64? I have recently bought one and it does not work under
> Windows x64. Need help please!

birdman

Per Microsoft:
There are no drivers for anything for Win64 if Microsoft doesn't include
them on the installation disk.

"birdman" <apquilts@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> Per Microsoft:
> There are no drivers for anything for Win64 if Microsoft doesn't include
> them on the installation disk.

Not true.

Drivers for scanners are provided by the scanner manufacturers.
It is up to the manufacturer to support their scanner on Win64.

Have you tried 32 bit drivers on Window 64? Some of them may work.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

I have tried the original drivers (CiberView X and CiberView 35) but
they do not work. I was wandering is it that difficult for the
manufacturer to recompile the drivers for x64 and make them available?
Windows x64 inevitable is going to replace Windows 32- just consider
all those 64 bit processors available on the market. In fact, it is
hard to buy a processor which is not 64-bit enabled....

>I have tried the original drivers (CiberView X and CiberView 35) but
> they do not work. I was wandering is it that difficult for the
> manufacturer to recompile the drivers for x64 and make them available?
> Windows x64 inevitable is going to replace Windows 32- just consider
> all those 64 bit processors available on the market. In fact, it is
> hard to buy a processor which is not 64-bit enabled....

Did you download the latest upgrade?
http://www.scanace.com/download/drv_pf3600pro.htm

The software for Windows XP should not matter if the computer is 64 bit or
32 bit.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com