I have recently purchased a LanDisk the main problem is that is is only running at 100Mbs.
I am thinking about replacing it with a similar device that now runs via gigabit?
My only real requirements are:
- Provide my own disk (either IDE or SATA)
- Uses normal windows format disks (ie FAT32 maybe NTFS but I doubt it).
- Decent gigabit ethernet performance
- Reasonable low cost
- Built in samba / smb server (I just want to use a mapped network drive)
- ability to power down/sleep when not in use.
- USB2 interface also (when I want to lend it to sombody)
A few nice to haves would be:
- Built in web / ftp server
- upnp media server (not really sure what for yet but this looks interesting)
Anyone recommend somthing ?
More about :nas caddy gigabit ethernet decent performance