Problem with Epson Perfection 3200 Photo

Hi,

I purchased a refurbished model of this scanner last year from the Apple
Store and (now that it is no longer covered by any kind of warranty) it
streaks red on 1/4th of the image area on the right side. I put a solid
black sheet on the glass and did a preview scan using VueScan v.8.1.33, and
the left 3/4 is black and the right 1/4 is magenta.

Recalibration does nothing to change this.

What could be wrong with this?

Thanks,

Be

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

1/4 of the way across sounds pretty ominuous. Make sure the glass is
spotlessly clean across the top 1 inch. You can try to take it apart and
see if anything has discolored the calbration strip underneath but it may
need to be sent in for repair or ditched to buy another unit (repairs are
often not very good investments).

Doug
--
Doug's "MF Film Holder" for batch scanning "strips" of 120/220 medium format
film:

Well, today I worked the scanner out; ran the calibration command a couple
times from the latest VueScan version, cleaned the glass (it was clean
anyway) and managed to get the red banding to disappear. I guess the thing
just needed to be used a bit.

Be

On 8/23/05 9:15 AM, in article
_bGOe.656$_84.156@newsread1.news.atl.earthlink.net, "-" <xvvvz@hotmail.com>