HP HDX18-1010EA - Worth it?

eddie2000

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2009
Can anyone help me out? I'm in the process of looking for a new laptop. One powerful enough for my multimedia needs.
I've seen this at my place of work, and it looks to be a good machine. The specs suit what I'm after, I think...

http://www.currys.co.uk/martprd/store/cur_page.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@1945205367.1236982435@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccccadegjijkjegcflgceggdhhmdfhm.0&pageFrom=SimpleSearchProducts&page=Product&sku=372060

It has a hard drive big enough for my music, a lightscribe drive which is good for mass producing demo cd's for my band. But this is where I fall down, as computer tech confuses me.

I don't know if this is going to be any good for the software and games that I want to run.
Basically, I want a machine that can run Photoshop CS3, ProTools, and play games such as CoD4, Sims 2, Dawn of War 1 and 2 (nothing really post 2008, except for DoW2). Is this machine what I'm looking for, and more to the point, is it worth it?

If its not, can anyone suggest a better laptop thats out there?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Ericjergs

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2009
Everything looks pretty good except the graphics card, not the best for gaming. Good amount of ram though, Plenty to run everything smoothly. Hard drive is nice size. I don't know about the motherboard, maybe someone can help ya out there.
but for the graphics card, you can always buy another one for not that much if you don't like the quality your games are running at.

Hope I helped ya out :)

I suggest going to Newegg for some cheaper prices on that card.