Nikon LS-1000Adaptec2904Win XP

Hello, I'm new to this group.
I am trying to get a Nikon LS-1000 to work properly under XP using the
Nikonscan 1.6.3 software. The amazing fact is that it does sometime work
and sometime not while the Silverfast demo I downloaded always finds the
scanner and succeds in making it work.
I want to make sure I tried everything that could offer me the
"cheapskate solution" of using Nikonscan before I think about buying
Silverfast.
Does anybody have any experience or idea?

Thanks:Mathias

"Mathias Dubois" <spam@storabrost.de> wrote in message
> Hello, I'm new to this group.
> I am trying to get a Nikon LS-1000 to work properly under XP using the
> Nikonscan 1.6.3 software. The amazing fact is that it does sometime work
> and sometime not while the Silverfast demo I downloaded always finds the
> scanner and succeds in making it work.
> I want to make sure I tried everything that could offer me the "cheapskate
> solution" of using Nikonscan before I think about buying Silverfast.
> Does anybody have any experience or idea?
>
> Thanks:Mathias

Windows XP installed the driver for the Adaptec2904 card OK, I hope.

It takes ASPI from Adaptec, the latest software from Nikon for the LS-1000
and time and patience to work out the bugs.

http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/support/driverdetail.jsp?sess=no&language=English+US&cat=%2FOperating+System%2FMicrosoft+Windows+XP&filekey=aspi_471a2.exe

LS-1000 tech support.
http://www.nikonusa.com/template.php?goingto=dtc_options&cat=1&grp=2&productNr=9290

Looks like you have the latest software, current is Nikon Scan 1.6.3.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

CSM1 schrieb:
> "Mathias Dubois" <spam@storabrost.de> wrote in message
>
> Windows XP installed the driver for the Adaptec2904 card OK, I hope.
>
> It takes ASPI from Adaptec, the latest software from Nikon for the LS-1000
> and time and patience to work out the bugs.
>
> http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/support/driverdetail.jsp?sess=no&language=English+US&cat=%2FOperating+System%2FMicrosoft+Windows+XP&filekey=aspi_471a2.exe
>
> LS-1000 tech support.
> http://www.nikonusa.com/template.php?goingto=dtc_options&cat=1&grp=2&productNr=9290
>
> Looks like you have the latest software, current is Nikon Scan 1.6.3.

Thanks for your help. Today, I decided to put an end to my sorrow by
purchasing the latest Silkverfast AI version for the device. It hurts a
bit first, but will surely save me trouble later. I already spent hours
of unpayed work on this problem :)

Mathias

In article <df1o3v$fbf$1@online.de>, Mathias Dubois <spam@storabrost.de>
writes

> Today, I decided to put an end to my sorrow by purchasing the latest
>Silkverfast AI version for the device. It hurts a bit first

Well, this will probably hurt a bit more - you could have bought a much
better used scanner, complete with software and fully XP compatible, for
less than you paid for Silverfast AI. The LS-1000 is archaic by current
standards.
--
Kennedy
A lovely little thinker, but a ah heck when he's pissed.

Kennedy McEwen schrieb:
> In article <df1o3v$fbf$1@online.de>, Mathias Dubois <spam@storabrost.de>
> writes
>
>> Today, I decided to put an end to my sorrow by purchasing the latest
>> Silkverfast AI version for the device. It hurts a bit first
>

> Well, this will probably hurt a bit more - you could have bought a much
> better used scanner, complete with software and fully XP compatible, for
> less than you paid for Silverfast AI. The LS-1000 is archaic by current
> standards.

I know and I had actually been thinking about the one or the other
solution. But I am the kind to use things to their very last buzz :)
And as I get 50% reduction for Silverfast AI, I thought I'd just bite
the bullet and buy it. I like my archaic LS-1000 somehow. I know it's a
bit weird though.

Mathias

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 11:07:03 +0200, Mathias Dubois
<spam@storabrost.de> wrote:

>And as I get 50% reduction for Silverfast AI, I thought I'd just bite
>the bullet and buy it. I like my archaic LS-1000 somehow. I know it's a

>bit weird though.
>
>Mathias

How did you qualify for a 50% discount on Silverfast?

Vater Kodak