Remotely Reboot a Box

December 23, 2004 1:20:14 AM

I am at home. A co-worker is also at home. She has a VNC connection to the
computer in her cube at work. We need to reboot the machine that's in my
cube at work. She has to do it remotely, as I don't have the VNC software
here.

I know there is a way to do this via WMI but I cannot remember what it is.

--

Peace & happy computing,

Margaret E Labosh

More about : remotely reboot box

Anonymous
December 23, 2004 1:20:15 AM

Here's what you need to do. Go to start, run type cmd. Then type format c:
and you should be all set.
Anonymous
December 23, 2004 3:06:44 AM

>> I am at home. A co-worker is also at home.
>> She has a VNC connection to the computer
>> in her cube at work. We need to reboot the
>> machine that's in my cube at work. She has
>> to do it remotely, as I don't have the VNC
>> software here.
>>
>> I know there is a way to do this via WMI but I
>> cannot remember what it is.

> Here's what you need to do. Go to start, run type cmd. Then type format c:
> and you should be all set.

<rant value="Yeah, sure, loser." />

These are serious technical newsgroups for people to accomplish serious
technical things. I figured it out without your dubious help, and we were
able to VNC into her machine and remotely WMI-style reboot mine, so that the
box in my cube would detach from the SQL Server so we could run a restore of
a database.

Can you do that? I bet you can't.

If you click "Reply" in these newsgroups, you better have something to offer
other than a condescending sarcastic comment as if the OP was some kind of
Home User instead of a 20 year, 6-language code-veteran. Judging by your
newbie-style-pompous attitude alone I bet I could write code that's faster
and more efficient than yours without even invoking a single brain-buffer.

Sheesh.

--

Peace & happy computing,

Mike Labosh, MCSD
June 30, 2009 6:33:13 PM

Quote:

>> I am at home. A co-worker is also at home.
>> She has a VNC connection to the computer
>> in her cube at work. We need to reboot the
>> machine that's in my cube at work. She has
>> to do it remotely, as I don't have the VNC
>> software here.
>>
>> I know there is a way to do this via WMI but I
>> cannot remember what it is.

> Here's what you need to do. Go to start, run type cmd. Then type format c:
> and you should be all set.

<rant value="Yeah, sure, loser." />

These are serious technical newsgroups for people to accomplish serious
technical things. I figured it out without your dubious help, and we were
able to VNC into her machine and remotely WMI-style reboot mine, so that the
box in my cube would detach from the SQL Server so we could run a restore of
a database.

Can you do that? I bet you can't.

If you click "Reply" in these newsgroups, you better have something to offer
other than a condescending sarcastic comment as if the OP was some kind of
Home User instead of a 20 year, 6-language code-veteran. Judging by your
newbie-style-pompous attitude alone I bet I could write code that's faster
and more efficient than yours without even invoking a single brain-buffer.

Sheesh.

--

Peace & happy computing,

Mike Labosh, MCSD