Remotely Reboot a Box

I am at home. A co-worker is also at home. She has a VNC connection to the
computer in her cube at work. We need to reboot the machine that's in my
cube at work. She has to do it remotely, as I don't have the VNC software
here.

I know there is a way to do this via WMI but I cannot remember what it is.

--

Peace & happy computing,

Margaret E Labosh
3 answers Last reply
More about remotely reboot

    Here's what you need to do. Go to start, run type cmd. Then type format c:
    and you should be all set.

    >> I am at home. A co-worker is also at home.
    >> She has a VNC connection to the computer
    >> in her cube at work. We need to reboot the
    >> machine that's in my cube at work. She has
    >> to do it remotely, as I don't have the VNC
    >> software here.
    >>
    >> I know there is a way to do this via WMI but I
    >> cannot remember what it is.

    > Here's what you need to do. Go to start, run type cmd. Then type format c:
    > and you should be all set.

    <rant value="Yeah, sure, loser." />

    These are serious technical newsgroups for people to accomplish serious
    technical things. I figured it out without your dubious help, and we were
    able to VNC into her machine and remotely WMI-style reboot mine, so that the
    box in my cube would detach from the SQL Server so we could run a restore of
    a database.

    Can you do that? I bet you can't.

    If you click "Reply" in these newsgroups, you better have something to offer
    other than a condescending sarcastic comment as if the OP was some kind of
    Home User instead of a 20 year, 6-language code-veteran. Judging by your
    newbie-style-pompous attitude alone I bet I could write code that's faster
    and more efficient than yours without even invoking a single brain-buffer.

    Sheesh.

    --

    Peace & happy computing,

    Mike Labosh, MCSD
  3. Quote:

    >> I am at home. A co-worker is also at home.
    >> She has a VNC connection to the computer
    >> in her cube at work. We need to reboot the
    >> machine that's in my cube at work. She has
    >> to do it remotely, as I don't have the VNC
    >> software here.
    >>
    >> I know there is a way to do this via WMI but I
    >> cannot remember what it is.

    > Here's what you need to do. Go to start, run type cmd. Then type format c:
    > and you should be all set.

    <rant value="Yeah, sure, loser." />

    These are serious technical newsgroups for people to accomplish serious
    technical things. I figured it out without your dubious help, and we were
    able to VNC into her machine and remotely WMI-style reboot mine, so that the
    box in my cube would detach from the SQL Server so we could run a restore of
    a database.

    Can you do that? I bet you can't.

    If you click "Reply" in these newsgroups, you better have something to offer
    other than a condescending sarcastic comment as if the OP was some kind of
    Home User instead of a 20 year, 6-language code-veteran. Judging by your
    newbie-style-pompous attitude alone I bet I could write code that's faster
    and more efficient than yours without even invoking a single brain-buffer.

    Sheesh.

    --

    Peace & happy computing,

    Mike Labosh, MCSD