Best Energy Drinks for LAN's (Late-@ss-Nights)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil-M-Tech

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2006
I been searching and trying stuff for years now. Starbucks is too expensive, BAWLS gives me a headache due to caffine and others just taste like @ss.

I was wondering if anyone knew of any smaller energy drink companies I might be able to try. What are your favorites?

My boss just gave me a couple different flavors of XS and its the best I've had so far. bought like 3 cases for me and my friends all of which were gone within the first 2 nights (Week long LAN). I got em online from this site:

bshumate.qhealthzone.com

Anyways I just wanted to let my fellow gamers and computer builders know about this and see who else had favorites. LMK.

Deuce Deuce,

- Deadeye

And as always: Aim high, shoot the eye.

7H4_D00D3

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
Easy, the perfect combo is

RED BULL+COFFEE+COKE

DAMN!!! that 5|-|17 was weird

I used half a cup of coffee (black), then I added the coke and after that, the rebull....a LOT of foam was on the surface, but when I poured the sugar....there was foam all over the table!!! 8O just like a witch's cooking pot 8O I drank that...yuck! It sure waked me up, it tastes bitter as coffee, a little bit of coke and that redbull flavor was also there, funky indeed

That weekend me+meh friends had to use that to finish a job

Two persons, both draining bout 50 cups of coffee every night....

And there was this day when the ONLY thing we ate was coffee+milk...

Also you can try mate, far less tasty than a good coffee, but it will wake you even more

random fact: coffee+milk+vodka= yummy 8) :D :lol:

tool_462

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2006
Anyone remember Surge? That stuff was good. Apparently they still make it in some parts of America, including Kick. If anyone has seen it around you should tell me where to find it! I want some more!

DrBlofeld

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2006
I been searching and trying stuff for years now. Starbucks is too expensive, BAWLS gives me a headache due to caffine and others just taste like @ss.

I was wondering if anyone knew of any smaller energy drink companies I might be able to try. What are your favorites?

My boss just gave me a couple different flavors of XS and its the best I've had so far. bought like 3 cases for me and my friends all of which were gone within the first 2 nights (Week long LAN). I got em online from this site:

bshumate.qhealthzone.com

Anyways I just wanted to let my fellow gamers and computer builders know about this and see who else had favorites. LMK.

Deuce Deuce,

- Deadeye

And as always: Aim high, shoot the eye.

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Is your company so desperate that you need to post their website on talk forums to sell a crappy energy drink? Come one, spend money on advertisements like real companies do!

Jinx13

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2006
Anyone remember Surge? That stuff was good. Apparently they still make it in some parts of America, including Kick. If anyone has seen it around you should tell me where to find it! I want some more!
That new energy soda coke puts out now tastes alot like surge, as does the MT Dew MDX energy soda.

Where I live we have this soda made and bottled locally called Ski. It's a citrus soda like Mt Dew only 10x better! It is finally starting to spread out a little though this is the only place you can get it in the old fashioned refillable glass bottles. I am in Southern IL, about 30 min from St Louis MO. Tons of caffeine in the thing and it does wonders for the morning after a night of heavy drinking. (I also live in the county known for drinking, we are in the top 3 per capita in IL and up there in the US as well.)

tool_462

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2006
I live in Minnesota, right on the border of Wisconsin :) We can hold our own around here, lots of farmboys. (not me though)

Ski sounds badass, I do snow and water Ski. Looking on eBay.

I worked at the Coke Bottling Plant in Red Wing, MN for awhile, we stole a full pallet of Vault. (the new Surge)

Edit: Only vintage Ski on eBay :(

Jinx13

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2006
I live in Minnesota, right on the border of Wisconsin :) We can hold our own around here, lots of farmboys. (not me though)

Ski sounds badass, I do snow and water Ski. Looking on eBay.

I worked at the Coke Bottling Plant in Red Wing, MN for awhile, we stole a full pallet of Vault. (the new Surge)
Vault! that's it. Couldn't remember the name.

Here's a web site for ski, dunno about buying it tho
http://www.excelbottling.com/.

djplanet

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2006
Vault, I had it once, tasted like a cross between Sierra Mist and Mountain Dew. Here's a drink with and interesting name:

Cocaine energy drink.

Mods, before you ban me, check out the link, perfectly legal, I swear :) . Limited availability though.

Here's a particularly scathing review of Steven Seagal's Lightning Bolt. If half of it's true that is some nasty stuff.

Check the wikipedia page for energy drinks. It includes a comprehensive list of caffeine content of any energy drink you might think of.

enforcerfx

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2006

Surge was awesome.

Um, lets see. Usually some Bawls, Vault, Heineken, Some Mikes, Rockstar, Full Throttle(sometimes) Red Bull. Theres so many to choose from. :lol:

shogunboy

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2006
If your daring, try a redline. I warn you however, only drink 1-2 redline per week, since this will kill you (due to the concentration of the drink).

G

AMP from mountain dew, cool colore, similar Dew taste with a twist.

So Guarana malto dextrine(?) and other crap.

They got 600ml cans, does the job for me!

Those expensive Starbucks double shot are pretty strong!!

raven_87

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2005
eh? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I look at it like this, I"m just right across the smaller pond from canada. I see many upon many people from up north that go antique shopping and deer hunting around this area.

yeah, usually thats the drink of choice. mt. dew is quite unhealthy, I never really had a thing for pop. Bawls isnt bad to mix with bacardi actually.
I do like doubleshot although its $2.49 a can :evil: These are just speciality drinks. My beverage diet is 95% milk & water.

Spoken like a true Canadian. :)

CC and Ginger!
bigdrinkrp0.gif

Prefer Pure Springs or Vernors for the Ginger, but CanadaDry will do.

BTW, the first post should be deleted as a blatant ad. :evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.