System Stops at Loading WINDOWS XP

I was working on my machine yesterday and it froze so I rebooted, (am
running XP PRO Sp2), now when I tried to reboot, it would pass the bios test
and then start to load windows and then just freezes there.

I have tried a repair installation with the same result, can anyone tell me
whether this problem is hardware or software related as I haven't anything
new on the machine for some time....
Any help will be appreciated,
thanks
zofo
3 answers Last reply
More about system stops loading windows

    "Zofo" wrote:

    > I was working on my machine yesterday and it froze so I rebooted, (am
    > running XP PRO Sp2), now when I tried to reboot, it would pass the bios test
    > and then start to load windows and then just freezes there.
    >
    > I have tried a repair installation with the same result, can anyone tell me
    > whether this problem is hardware or software related as I haven't anything
    > new on the machine for some time....
    > Any help will be appreciated,
    > thanks
    > zofo

    Dear Zofo,
    I have exactly similar problems and looking for solution.
    Whenever yours is solved please just kindly send same to me at this e-mail:
    pbokon@yahoo.com Thank you.

    Paul B OKON, Nigeria

    Another thing I should add. Initially when I tried to boot in SAFE MODE..
    the system would hang after loading the drivers.
    Plz, help

    cheers
    zofo
    "Zofo" <zofo09@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I was working on my machine yesterday and it froze so I rebooted, (am
    >running XP PRO Sp2), now when I tried to reboot, it would pass the bios
    >test and then start to load windows and then just freezes there.
    >
    > I have tried a repair installation with the same result, can anyone tell
    > me whether this problem is hardware or software related as I haven't
    > anything new on the machine for some time....
    > Any help will be appreciated,
    > thanks
    > zofo

    Hi Zofo,

    Freezing is often caused by failing hardware, so that's where I'd start. See
    if you can load "safe mode with command prompt". If so, then run msconfig
    and put the system in diagnostic mode to see if that allows the system to
    load. If so, then you can restart one section of the startup load at a time
    to see if you can isolate the problem.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Zofo" <zofo09@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I was working on my machine yesterday and it froze so I rebooted, (am
    >running XP PRO Sp2), now when I tried to reboot, it would pass the bios
    >test and then start to load windows and then just freezes there.
    >
    > I have tried a repair installation with the same result, can anyone tell
    > me whether this problem is hardware or software related as I haven't
    > anything new on the machine for some time....
    > Any help will be appreciated,
    > thanks
    > zofo

Microsoft Windows XP