How to transfer Outlook data from one device to another wi..

February 21, 2005 7:07:48 PM

Hi all. Newbie to the group, but not to my iPaq

I have an iPaq 3970 and I'm getting ready to buy a 4155. For some reason
the SD slot on the 3970 doesn't work--don't know what happened there (if
someone's got a solution, that might solve my problems!)--anyway, I would
REALLY like to be able to transfer all the Notes, Contacts, Calendar, etc.
from my current device to the new one when it arrives. Can it be done
without a way to backup the device?

TIA!!

Bryan
Anonymous
February 22, 2005 12:04:15 AM

If your desktop computer is updated with the current Outlook info(contacts,
calender, tasks, inbox) info, after activesyncing the 3970 to it, when you
first connect the new IPAQ and create the new connection, activesync will
automatically update the IPAQ with the current Outlook data.

mh
"Bryan Dickerson" <txprphan@netscape.net> wrote in message
> Hi all. Newbie to the group, but not to my iPaq
>
> I have an iPaq 3970 and I'm getting ready to buy a 4155. For some reason
> the SD slot on the 3970 doesn't work--don't know what happened there (if
> someone's got a solution, that might solve my problems!)--anyway, I would
> REALLY like to be able to transfer all the Notes, Contacts, Calendar, etc.
> from my current device to the new one when it arrives. Can it be done
> without a way to backup the device?
>
> TIA!!
>
> Bryan

Anonymous
February 22, 2005 9:55:39 PM

Just select and beam all you need to other PDA via Bluetooth or IR

> Hi all. Newbie to the group, but not to my iPaq
>
> I have an iPaq 3970 and I'm getting ready to buy a 4155. For some reason
> the SD slot on the 3970 doesn't work--don't know what happened there (if
> someone's got a solution, that might solve my problems!)--anyway, I would
> REALLY like to be able to transfer all the Notes, Contacts, Calendar, etc.
> from my current device to the new one when it arrives. Can it be done
> without a way to backup the device?
>
> TIA!!
>
> Bryan

February 22, 2005 9:55:40 PM

I found the "Infrared Receive" on the 3970. Is there an "Infrared Send"??

"Amirov Zakhar" <amirov@tric.ru> wrote in message
news:o BfSS3NGFHA.3928@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Just select and beam all you need to other PDA via Bluetooth or IR
>
> "Bryan Dickerson" <txprphan@netscape.net> wrote in message
> > Hi all. Newbie to the group, but not to my iPaq
> >
> > I have an iPaq 3970 and I'm getting ready to buy a 4155. For some
reason
> > the SD slot on the 3970 doesn't work--don't know what happened there (if
> > someone's got a solution, that might solve my problems!)--anyway, I
would
> > REALLY like to be able to transfer all the Notes, Contacts, Calendar,
etc.
> > from my current device to the new one when it arrives. Can it be done
> > without a way to backup the device?
> >
> > TIA!!
> >
> > Bryan

Anonymous
February 23, 2005 1:42:28 AM

I select needed contacts and push long tap, in menu I see "Beam Contact..."
and "Send via Bluetooth". Use any.
Do you know how to use IR? Just look for any "... beam ...". Dont afraid to
try.
You also can send files in File Explorer the same way.

> I found the "Infrared Receive" on the 3970. Is there an "Infrared Send"??
>
> "Amirov Zakhar" <amirov@tric.ru> wrote in message
> news:o BfSS3NGFHA.3928@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> > Just select and beam all you need to other PDA via Bluetooth or IR
> >
> > "Bryan Dickerson" <txprphan@netscape.net> wrote in message
> > > Hi all. Newbie to the group, but not to my iPaq
> > >
> > > I have an iPaq 3970 and I'm getting ready to buy a 4155. For some
> reason
> > > the SD slot on the 3970 doesn't work--don't know what happened there
(if
> > > someone's got a solution, that might solve my problems!)--anyway, I
> would
> > > REALLY like to be able to transfer all the Notes, Contacts, Calendar,
> etc.
> > > from my current device to the new one when it arrives. Can it be done
> > > without a way to backup the device?
> > >
> > > TIA!!
> > >
> > > Bryan

Anonymous
February 23, 2005 1:42:29 AM

Found the options. Looks easy. Is there a way to "Beam 'All'" or "Send all
via Bluetooth"? Or is it only one at a time?

> I select needed contacts and push long tap, in menu I see "Beam
Contact..."
> and "Send via Bluetooth". Use any.
> Do you know how to use IR? Just look for any "... beam ...". Dont afraid
> try.
> You also can send files in File Explorer the same way.
>
> "Bryan Dickerson" <txprphan@netscape.net> wrote in message
> > I found the "Infrared Receive" on the 3970. Is there an "Infrared
Send"??

> > "Amirov Zakhar" <amirov@tric.ru> wrote in message
> > news:o BfSS3NGFHA.3928@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> > > Just select and beam all you need to other PDA via Bluetooth or IR
> > >
> > > "Bryan Dickerson" <txprphan@netscape.net> wrote in message

> > reason
> (if
> > would
Calendar,
> > etc.

Anonymous
February 23, 2005 3:56:33 PM

You can select more than one

> Found the options. Looks easy. Is there a way to "Beam 'All'" or "Send
all
> via Bluetooth"? Or is it only one at a time?
>
> "Amirov Zakhar" <amirov@tric.ru> wrote in message
> > I select needed contacts and push long tap, in menu I see "Beam
> Contact..."
> > and "Send via Bluetooth". Use any.
> > Do you know how to use IR? Just look for any "... beam ...". Dont afraid
> > try.
> > You also can send files in File Explorer the same way.
> >
> > "Bryan Dickerson" <txprphan@netscape.net> wrote in message
> > > I found the "Infrared Receive" on the 3970. Is there an "Infrared
> Send"??
> > >
> > > "Amirov Zakhar" <amirov@tric.ru> wrote in message
> > > news:o BfSS3NGFHA.3928@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...

> > > reason
> > (if
> > > would
> Calendar,
> > > etc.
> done

Anonymous
February 23, 2005 3:56:34 PM

Amirov, thanks for your help! How do you select more than one contact or
task? I tried and was unsuccessful. Maybe I'm more of a newbie than I
thought!

> You can select more than one
>
> "Bryan Dickerson" <txprphan@netscape.net> wrote in message
> > Found the options. Looks easy. Is there a way to "Beam 'All'" or "Send
> all
> > via Bluetooth"? Or is it only one at a time?
> >
> > "Amirov Zakhar" <amirov@tric.ru> wrote in message
> > > I select needed contacts and push long tap, in menu I see "Beam
> > Contact..."
> > > and "Send via Bluetooth". Use any.
> > > Do you know how to use IR? Just look for any "... beam ...". Dont
afraid
> > > try.
> > > You also can send files in File Explorer the same way.
> > >
> > > "Bryan Dickerson" <txprphan@netscape.net> wrote in message
> > Send"??

> there
> > > (if
problems!)--anyway,
> > Calendar,
> > done

Anonymous
February 23, 2005 3:56:35 PM

Nevermind on the contacts, tasks and notes. I figured that out (cue Homer
Simpson: "DOH!!!"). Now what about Calendar appointments and recurring
reminders?

> Amirov, thanks for your help! How do you select more than one contact or
> task? I tried and was unsuccessful. Maybe I'm more of a newbie than I
> thought!
>
> "Amirov Zakhar" <amirov@tric.ru> wrote in message
> > You can select more than one
> >
> > "Bryan Dickerson" <txprphan@netscape.net> wrote in message
> > > Found the options. Looks easy. Is there a way to "Beam 'All'" or
"Send
> > all
> > > via Bluetooth"? Or is it only one at a time?
> > >
> > > "Amirov Zakhar" <amirov@tric.ru> wrote in message
> > > Contact..."
> afraid

> > > Send"??

IR

> some
> > there
> problems!)--anyway,
> > > Calendar,
> be
> > > done

Anonymous
February 24, 2005 2:10:13 AM

Hmmm. Calendar....
Seems only one by one.

> Nevermind on the contacts, tasks and notes. I figured that out (cue Homer
> Simpson: "DOH!!!"). Now what about Calendar appointments and recurring
> reminders?
>
> "Bryan Dickerson" <txprphan@netscape.net> wrote in message
> > Amirov, thanks for your help! How do you select more than one contact or
> > task? I tried and was unsuccessful. Maybe I'm more of a newbie than I
> > thought!
> >
> > "Amirov Zakhar" <amirov@tric.ru> wrote in message
> > > You can select more than one
> > >
> > > "Bryan Dickerson" <txprphan@netscape.net> wrote in message
> "Send
> > > all

> > afraid

> IR

For
> > some
> > > there
> > problems!)--anyway,
> > be

Anonymous
February 24, 2005 2:10:14 AM

Bummer. Major bummer. That could take a while. If I name it the same as
my old iPaq, will all the files "transfer"? Also I'm thinking about
unplugging the serial line on the cradle and using just the USB sync. Will
this mess up ActiveSync?

!