• Dynalink

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other: Please Specify in post!

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

bluestreak

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2006
I have a belkin F5D7630au4D ADSL Modem/Router with 4 port switch and 54g Wireless. My problem is every so often or when i use certain programs, the router will reset itself, loosing all wireless connections to pcs, laptops and desktops alike, the the ADSL is disconnected.

My setup is as follows:

Phone Line > Filter > Router/Modem

Connected to the Router/Modem is:

3 Laptops (2 with Belkin 54G PCMCIA cards, and one with a built in Broadcom Adaptor)
2 Desktops (one with an ASUS WiFi card and the other with a Dicksmith card)
A lead (Simple Patch) also runs to a Netgear FS108 10/100 Switch, from the Belkin, which connects to 3 other desktops (out of range to wireless)

I have updated the Router/Modem to the latest Belkin Firmware but it hasnt changed.

I have also bought a Netgear WGR614v6 Wireless Rotuer to see if its the wireless knocking out the router.

The Netgear has been placed in between the Belkin and FS108 Switch. all wireless computers now use the Netgear, and the other wired computers must still router through the Netgear Wireless to access the internet.

I tried again for a while, but the belkin still randomly seems to reset itself, but with the wireless pcs using the Netgear they do not disconnect from the wireless, though the Router/Modem is still disconnecting from the ADSL.

blue68f100

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2005
Can You say Belkin.

I have yet to find any Belkin Hardware that was worth its money as scrap. In other words, they all randomly carsh, freeze or lockup. It's an added feature that come with the low price. Everyone I know that had one, replaced them with a linksys or dlink and the problems went away.

bluestreak

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2006
Can You say Belkin.

I have yet to find any Belkin Hardware that was worth its money as scrap. In other words, they all randomly carsh, freeze or lockup. It's an added feature that come with the low price. Everyone I know that had one, replaced them with a linksys or dlink and the problems went away.

It was my father who made the purchase, I have sworn off the things, they're just plain ugly in my opinion.

but that besides the point. i just want to know is there anything that can be done with it? if not i plan just to pull the Mini PCI card out of it and make some use of it.

I would personally recommend any Netgear products, and i have used Buffalo, which seem to be a small market holder but extremely good for wireless none-the-less.

blue68f100

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2005
About the only things you can do is make sure you have the latest firmware. And turn off all logging, wired and wireless.

Other than that your tied.

Poll: USR Wireless AP and PCMCI Cards.

Linksys & D-Link routers.

TRENDING THREADS