HP 5100C and making functional without reboot

Hi all! I own an old big and crabby HP 5100C parallel scanner. I use
(sometimes) it with a win 2000 PC. The problem is that I always forget
to plug the electricity connector of the scanner, so I have to reboot
the PC to make it functional. Some time ago I found a page that tell me
how to make the scanner functional without rebooting, but I've lost it.
Can anyone help me, telling me the procedure or...er...giving me the
link? Thanks a lot!!!
Bye, Fede.

"fede" <yotsuya-san@libero.it> wrote in message
> Hi all! I own an old big and crabby HP 5100C parallel scanner. I use
> (sometimes) it with a win 2000 PC. The problem is that I always forget
> to plug the electricity connector of the scanner, so I have to reboot
> the PC to make it functional. Some time ago I found a page that tell me
> how to make the scanner functional without rebooting, but I've lost it.
> Can anyone help me, telling me the procedure or...er...giving me the
> link? Thanks a lot!!!
> Bye, Fede.

I do not have that link.

Try refreshing in Device manager.
In Windows XP it is called "Scan for Hardware changes".

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

Thank you very much!!! It works perfectly!
bye (and thanks again!)