Sign in with
Your question

4x4 release date.

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
November 15, 2006 3:23:15 AM

I can't seem to find the release date for the 4x4. The only thing that I can find is that it is suppose to release sometime this month. Isn't their an NDA on this thing that would of at least have provided a date for when it would expire? I find this odd since the guys over at extremetech were messing with a kentsfield several months before it was actually released and here we are with only a couple weeks left in the month and not a single benchmark. Either the Amd guys are better at keeping secrets than our CIA or there is a problem with the numbers coming out of the "platformance" machine. I hope this works for them because it's going to be a long wait for K8L or whatever they are calling it now.

More about : 4x4 release date

November 15, 2006 3:46:12 AM

Quote:
I can't seem to find the release date for the 4x4. The only thing that I can find is that it is suppose to release sometime this month. Isn't their an NDA on this thing that would of at least have provided a date for when it would expire? I find this odd since the guys over at extremetech were messing with a kentsfield several months before it was actually released and here we are with only a couple weeks left in the month and not a single benchmark. Either the Amd guys are better at keeping secrets than our CIA or there is a problem with the numbers coming out of the "platformance" machine. I hope this works for them because it's going to be a long wait for K8L or whatever they are calling it now.
Wasn't it supposed to be Nov. 14th?
November 15, 2006 3:59:58 AM

The 14th was the date that I kept seeing pop up, but obviously that wasn't the correct date. I just don't understand why nothing other than pictures have been leaked out. I'm really starting to wonder if Amd got blindsided by Intel again with the early release of Kentsfield. They probably weren't expecting Intel's quad to come out this early and were probably positioning the 4x4 to go up against the X6800. Then again maybe Amd saw this coming and had to hurry up and put something up against the Kentsfield which then means that they would sell this just based on future upgradeabilty which would mean that the customer would have to believe that Amd has a great chip coming with the mythological K8L.
Related resources
November 15, 2006 4:19:50 AM

One of the advantages of living to my ripe old age :D  is that I've been around the block a time or two and if I haven't seen it all, I've missed very little.

After 32 years in the corporate world, I can assure you that right now the AMD exec suite is one baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad place to be. The way the company has acted in the past few months indicates to me that they are scrambling like crazy, untold hell is breaking loose and they are facing huge problems that may never be fully known outside of the company. I'm not an Intel fanboy so this is an unbiased analysis: AMD is in a world of pain right now. This is not to say that they are not going to recover from the current missteps or even regain their CPU performance crown, but gobbling up a major company like ATI at the same time when your long-lethargic competitor is suddenly waxing your a$$ spells P-A-N-I-C... and it's showing in the confused and pathetic way they are launching 4x4.
November 15, 2006 6:50:32 AM

There may be a good reason for the lack of early benchmark leaks about the 4x4. It has to do with the differences in the CPU and motherboard design processes. CPUs go through extensive engineering revisions and manufacturing samples. Months before retail availability, the fabs are already outputting working engineering samples that are given to a bevy of motherboard vendors so they can design compatible boards and BIOS revisions for the CPU introduction.

The motherboard design process, on the other hand, can take place entirely within a company's labs where they receive new ES CPUs as well as maintain a stock of older CPUs to test compatibility. Additionally, there is little incentive to send an ES board to review sites simply because they're constantly adjusting all the little components on the board to optimize it. They could have a problematic board this week but have the first retail boards shipping next week.

As regards AMD's recent behavior since the release of Conroe, I have to agree. There's no sense in releasing a flurry of SKUs differing by only 0.1 GHz in 2006 when you did that last in 2002, or in changing CPU code names before they even hit retail. They're not instilling confidence in us with vacillating performance claims about K8L, nor is it very graceful to require a whole new platform to double your core count when your competitor just did the same using existing retail boards.
November 15, 2006 7:22:02 AM

Quote:
As regards AMD's recent behavior since the release of Conroe, I have to agree. There's no sense in releasing a flurry of SKUs differing by only 0.1 GHz in 2006 when you did that last in 2002, or in changing CPU code names before they even hit retail. They're not instilling confidence in us with vacillating performance claims about K8L, nor is it very graceful to require a whole new platform to double your core count when your competitor just did the same using existing retail boards.

It seems that AMD is rumblin' bumblin' stumblin'... They got everyone migrated to 939 just in time to pull the ground out from under their feet with AM2 and just a few months later, let's go with a whole new platform!

In the last few years (before my Preskillet) I'd been on AMD exclusively as the choice between that and Intel was a no-brainer. But now the balance has changed and it's pretty clear that these guys are on the run. They were clearly caught with their pants down and I'm pretty sure that the AMD janitorial staff is spending an undue amount of effort cleaning the bloodsplatters from the walls of the boardroom.

Having devised more than my share of product launches, IMHO the best thing AMD could do right now is back off! They have Dell sucking up all the CPUs they can crank out so the bottom line is not going to suffer if they don't try to rush to market a wannabe Kentsfield-Killer that will just blow up in their faces. If I was on the Board, I'd advise that they introduce absolutely nothing on the high end for a year. Let Intel bathe in the glory and get comfortable with the performance crown while the market stabilizes. Now it's Q4 '07, come out with a 65nm Quad that eats Kentsfields for breakfast and costs 30% less at the same time that you come out with the AMD-ATI-CPU-GPU. The media will genuflect, the fanboys will come back in droves and all will be right with the AMD world.

However, I think they are just gonna continue with their current, ill-thought-out policy and do a whole lot more damage to their enthusiast image.

AMD is just not competitive right now in that market. They should just face it and take the time to fix it right. No bandaids.
November 15, 2006 2:38:26 PM

Those Inquirer guys are the same ones that said that Amd was already selling 65nm chips. They are as reliable as my dads Fiat. I wish tom's, anand, or tech report would chime in on the lack of 4x4 info.
November 15, 2006 3:41:45 PM

You're not gettin' indoctrinated over there at the Inquirer are you Jack? I prefer The Weekly World News or The Onion for my dose of pseudo news. Maybe Bat-boy or P'lod the alien have some kinda scoop on AMD's next big thing...they were the first with the news of Hilary Clinton's hot nights aboard that "UFO love nest" after all. Gotta admire the journalistic integrity and top-notch analysis of these fine, unbiased newspapers.
November 15, 2006 5:42:34 PM

Quote:

The original "unofficial" launch date was the day after C2Q which is today. I heard though that the launch is now Nov30. This was done to get more chips ready. It's best to be late than be accused of a paper launch.
November 15, 2006 5:46:45 PM

Quote:

It seems that AMD is rumblin' bumblin' stumblin'... They got everyone migrated to 939 just in time to pull the ground out from under their feet with AM2 and just a few months later, let's go with a whole new platform!

In the last few years (before my Preskillet) I'd been on AMD exclusively as the choice between that and Intel was a no-brainer. But now the balance has changed and it's pretty clear that these guys are on the run. They were clearly caught with their pants down and I'm pretty sure that the AMD janitorial staff is spending an undue amount of effort cleaning the bloodsplatters from the walls of the boardroom.

Having devised more than my share of product launches, IMHO the best thing AMD could do right now is back off! They have Dell sucking up all the CPUs they can crank out so the bottom line is not going to suffer if they don't try to rush to market a wannabe Kentsfield-Killer that will just blow up in their faces. If I was on the Board, I'd advise that they introduce absolutely nothing on the high end for a year. Let Intel bathe in the glory and get comfortable with the performance crown while the market stabilizes. Now it's Q4 '07, come out with a 65nm Quad that eats Kentsfields for breakfast and costs 30% less at the same time that you come out with the AMD-ATI-CPU-GPU. The media will genuflect, the fanboys will come back in droves and all will be right with the AMD world.

However, I think they are just gonna continue with their current, ill-thought-out policy and do a whole lot more damage to their enthusiast image.

AMD is just not competitive right now in that market. They should just face it and take the time to fix it right. No bandaids.

This is not a "whole new platform" AM2 will still be around and it will work with the new Barcelona cores. You people are ridiculous. AM2 is STILL FAST ENOUGH for Windows and EVERY APP you may use. You guys act like AM2 slowed down when Core 2 came out.

Like I have always said Intel was given 3 YEARS to get a worthwhile desktop part out.

AMD GETS 3 YEARS, TOO!
November 15, 2006 11:48:01 PM

Quote:
This is not a "whole new platform" AM2 will still be around and it will work with the new Barcelona cores. You people are ridiculous. AM2 is STILL FAST ENOUGH for Windows and EVERY APP you may use. You guys act like AM2 slowed down when Core 2 came out.

Like I have always said Intel was given 3 YEARS to get a worthwhile desktop part out.

AMD GETS 3 YEARS, TOO!

4x4 is socket 1207, which requires all-new chips from socket 939 or the recent AM2, plus the pricey motherboard. Kentsfield is socket 775. Compatible motherboards have been shipping for many months. Currently there is no Barcelona type engineering sample. The chip is quite a ways off. It's part theory. Netburst was once a hot theory, too.

Performance in the computing world is all relative to the competition and mindful of the future. You don't ask whether a chip is fast enough to run today's apps unless you are asking about upgrading from it. And it is not wise to ignore significantly faster competition because programmers will start to take advantage of that performance if they haven't already.

What is fast enough? There are new possibilities that open up only after you've met some performance or price threshold. Didn't Gates once say 640kb of RAM was enough? And then the mouse became affordable. The Macintosh OS made DOS obsolete in many areas, so out came Windows. People gamed fine on fast 486's and early Pentiums, achieving 60+fps 3D frame rates. Today, those systems won't even boot up Windows XP.
November 16, 2006 1:15:53 AM

Quote:

AMD GETS 3 YEARS, TOO!

Intel can afford 3 years of mediocrity, AMD cannot. Well, not the 'new' AMD anyway. The 'old' AMD that was always living in the shadows of Intel would fare just fine, but I honestly don't think AMD's reputation and marketshare can sustain 3 years of inferior performance.
November 16, 2006 7:40:23 AM

Quote:

AMD GETS 3 YEARS, TOO!

Whoever AMD's Marketing Manager is should get at least 3 years. Of forced labor! :lol: 
November 16, 2006 8:59:28 AM

Well some answers might be answered from this link

AMD 4x4

a pic of the 4x4 with the GPUs Mobo

actually 4x4 is also interesting.. interesting not because of its new FX processors and its 4 core powered but interesting that it has 4 GPU slots which means its possible to have 4 8800 GPUs on the board!! talk about spending around 2500$ just on GPUs. Pretty expensive
November 16, 2006 9:40:46 AM

I'm not sure about the rest of you but the only words that come to mind when looking at that pic from the view of PC enthusiast at home are Expensive and Impractical. Looks to me like way to much of an overkill for anything out at the moment for a home user. Then again from what i can tell 4x4's sole purpose is to be better than kentsfield.

I dunno ey, AMD doesn't look doomed to me. While intel has taken the performance and price crowns in the enthusiast end, AMD has picked up some nice deals with Dell apparently. Looks like this could just be a swap-a-rooney and things will be just like they were a few months ago where if you bought a Dell it came with an Intel but if you built an enthusiast pc you bought and AMD for it, except now it your Dell will come with an AMD and you get my drift...

Now I was no genius in grade 1 with making patterns out of wooden blocks, but with any luck the pc market will turn into a pattern and after 3 years they'll swap again and everyone will be happy. But then, what beer and candy mentioned about the financial reports in 1 year could mean the big man could throw in the towel, though i don't see this happening with the ATI purchase. And this purchase may well be what stops my pretty pattern from happening by bringing a huge integration change that has the possibility to flip things around completely. Theres nothing we can do but sit back, watch, and support the small guy when we can.
November 16, 2006 11:02:12 AM

Quote:

AMD 4x4

actually 4x4 is also interesting.. interesting not because of its new FX processors and its 4 core powered but interesting that it has 4 GPU slots which means its possible to have 4 8800 GPUs on the board!! talk about spending around 2500$ just on GPUs. Pretty expensive

That is pretty cool looking
November 16, 2006 11:24:05 AM

I'm calling a huge pile of BS on that... first off, this looks obviously photoshopped

Second, no room for further PCI or PCI-E expansion, there goes your dedicated sound card...

Third, your basically stuck with smaller low profile coolers, don't even think about OC'ing that thing, not to meniton has anyone ever tried OC'ing 2 proc's on the same board? Yeah...

Fourth, those are all single slots, 8800GTX is dual slots... so it would only be 3 according to this photoshopped pic.

Fifth, Cable routing will be a helluva mess, since everything makes room for the PCI-E chips all your ports will be scattered all over the place. Not to mention I can't even find the southbridge... nor any semblance that it exists...

Sixth, no one will be able to afford this monster.
November 16, 2006 2:36:05 PM

Photoshopped or not, it should be close enough to the real 4x4. Incidentally, 4x4 is a bit of a misnomer in that you can't always fit 4 GPU cores. The dual-GPU 7950 cards are now previous-generation, and the new 8800s are single-GPU dual-slot. You can fit up to 3 of those within the space constraints - and block the PCI slot.

A more practical high-end configuration could perhaps be: slots 1 & 2 - GPU #1, slot 3 - single slot physics GPU, slot 4 - PCI sound card, slots 5 & 6 - GPU #2.

Component arrangement: Looking at my Asus P5W-DH, I can see 6 distinct expansion card slots. I don't think that's any different in 4x4, but the identity of some slots has changed to squeeze more GPU cores into the same space. That's why 4x4 has only one classic PCI slot. It has to maintain the vertical dimensions of normal ATX boards.

My 975 Northbridge sits between the CPU socket and the top PCI-express slot. That area is blocked in the picture but would be apparent in a top-down photo of 4x4. My southbridge is low-profile and occupies space otherwise taken up by full-length PCI slots, but in 4x4, there is no southbridge. Both SLI'ed GPUs are managed by a dual-core Northbridge.

4x4 motherboards will be pricey. Volumes will be low to start, and the eATX dual-socket design is inherently more expensive to assemble than a plain ATX board. But the price will pale in comparison to that of the CPUs and SLI GPUs that enthusiasts so readily purchase.
November 16, 2006 3:35:20 PM

4x4 is going to have to have some insane benchmarks for me to even consider it. And no I am not an Intel fanboy. I just don't like the way it is looking, but will save final judgement until we can see some numbers.
November 16, 2006 6:25:57 PM

Quote:

AMD GETS 3 YEARS, TOO!

am2/amd is inferior. we want something that will last for a while when we spend money. it is not am2/amd. it is also not some garbage frankenstien 4x4. amd has 1 year to fix this as they will be reporting the ati earnings along with thier own (amd) earnings in 1 year. if its bad then its probably over. they would need to make more profits and have more market share in all areas to change this

BS. As you all are fond of saying. Is the person who comes in second in the 100yard dash inferior? Not quite. 4x4 is a great idea that will drop the cost of dual sockets over the next six months. AMD has been in business since

I think they can survive. besides, Opteron is now the NUMBER 2 supercomputer IN THE WORLD. That means that they have clout in markets where a few sales can make a quarter profitable.

Neither company will be going out of business. What makes any of you different from Sharikou? Or AMD "fanbois?" I know "strength in numbers."

Barcelona will once again redefine X64 perf. Just the addition of two cores should make for 40% over Opteron. With SSE4A and dual 128bit FPUs,

8O

I think everyone who is waiting for it will be satisfied. in other words,

ALL HAIL THE DUOPOLY!!!
November 16, 2006 6:36:18 PM

You know what they call people that don't win... A LOSER...

Not in first place... LOSER...

Didn't get the trophy... LOSER...

2nd place... LOSER

AMD... LOSER...

And.. how many people buy supercomputers... just because they make supercomputers doesn't mean enormous profit or market share... Cray has been in the buisness of supercomputers for years... how many people have heard of them?

Consumer's where it's at...
November 16, 2006 6:37:49 PM

Quote:

AMD 4x4

Actually I think the HSF on 8800 will prevent you from "fitting" 4 of them on the board. The 4 slots are mostly to allow

8 MONITORS
8O

Plus 4 8800s would require more than 1KW PSU. If anything you would see people with 4 7900GTs or 8800GTs(when they come out).

I mean with 4 GPUs you can use 7900GT and kill all SLI except maybe 1950XTX and 7950GX2.

4x4 is still my next upgrade as I don't buy Intel anymore (don't ask) and systems should come in around $2000-$2500. I don't want SLI or RAID 5, just 4GB RAM on Vista X64.
November 16, 2006 6:42:35 PM

Notice one SLI connector per board. I wonder how you would link them together. Only the 8800GT_ can run more than two-card SLI
November 16, 2006 6:59:15 PM

Quote:
Notice one SLI connector per board. I wonder how you would link them together. Only the 8800GT_ can run more than two-card SLI

I would think that the driver would have to divide them into 2 banks of SLI so that each set acts as a 7950GX2. So it isn't actually SLIx4 but SLI x 2. I'm not totally sure about it though.

Does that seem logical?
November 16, 2006 7:10:54 PM

Quote:

I would think that the driver would have to divide them into 2 banks of SLI so that each set acts as a 7950GX2. So it isn't actually SLIx4 but SLI x 2. I'm not totally sure about it though.

Does that seem logical?
No!
The 7950GX2 is represented as singlecard. It internaly uses SLI on hardware level to divide the tasks among the two cores with separte memory pools. No SLI drivers are needed for the 7950GX2 and it works on non-SLI mainboards.
November 16, 2006 7:17:40 PM

At most, they might be able to eek out some sort of software SLI... but you have to remember, nVidia will have to make a chipset supports this... have there been any in the works? Any rumours?

Hmmm.. I wonder though... Octo-SLI... talk about your graphics tentacle rape..
November 16, 2006 11:50:11 PM

Quote:
Actually I think the HSF on 8800 will prevent you from "fitting" 4 of them on the board.

Single Slot 8800GTX from bfg

Not sure if these are actually out in the wild yet but this is an example of how the four cards could fit. Anyone who could afford 4x4 could no doubt afford a water cooling solution to make it happen.

I hope this piccy isn't showing how 4x4 will be implemented because the layout just sucks poo. As mentioned before what's gonna happen to the dedicated sound card or TV card? and why is there no fire extinguisher above the cards for all the heat that will be produced?. I'm sure AMD will have something brewing that will switched motherboard layout around to make 4x4 more practical, at least thats what I'hoping for...

On another note, the 7950gx2 in SLI configuration was not real quad SLI but as said before, Physical SLI inside each 7950GX2 linking the two 7900's and then driver software and the mobo's SLI linking the two 7950Gx2's via the chipset. 4x4 would be the first REAL quad SLI.
November 17, 2006 3:18:33 AM

I hope this thing rocks not that I'll buy it but because then Intel might buy Nvidia and improve the the fab of GPU to get the power levels down. AMD can only help ATI marginal on this as they have the own trouble shrinking things.
November 17, 2006 3:28:00 AM

actually... baron is right about the opteron #2 clustered supercomputer ranking... THG posted an article within the last few days, it comes second to IBMs Bluegene /L (at least i think its L anyways)
November 17, 2006 4:00:01 AM

Quote:
actually... baron is right about the opteron #2 clustered supercomputer ranking... THG posted an article within the last few days, it comes second to IBMs Bluegene /L (at least i think its L anyways)

i thought opteron was an amd processor

it is :) ... companies, universities, very rich individuals and groups even, assemble clustered systems, consisting of thousands of processors, all processing the data over a fast network, which can very capably be considered a [current] supercomputer if you have enough of them running together... more efficient and faster cpus make for a more productive and less power hungry supercomputer

technically... all you need to be able to process to be considered a supercomputer, is 1 gigaflop per second, then youre a supercomputer, lol... just about every computer can do that now though
November 17, 2006 4:37:11 AM

yeah... wouldnt know much about the programming aspects of it at all, or anything too technical really about it, but having a high bandwidth is definetly beneficial here
November 17, 2006 10:01:45 AM

Quote:
I hope this piccy isn't showing how 4x4 will be implemented because the layout just sucks poo.

Couldn't agree more.

In this config, how in the name of the Lord of the Underworld are you supposed to WC the GPUs? If you're going to rely on the standard fans, note that there is exactly two c___hairs space between card 3 and 4. That is going to allow all the ventilation of an 90 year old toothless asthmatic ho.

What the hell is the point of demonstrating something that is so hopelessly impractical? This reminds me of the idiots who shoehorn a 572 cu. in. Chev V8 into a Smart car. :lol: 
November 17, 2006 12:32:38 PM

Well, if AMD can't win the PPW war, then throw it out the window and create a whole new standard... WPP (Watt per performance)

PPW > WWP
November 17, 2006 12:33:44 PM

This might just raise some hell....
November 17, 2006 12:35:29 PM

.... Daaamn. [/Friday]
After market VGA coolers are required, if the user can get it to fit...
November 17, 2006 12:43:03 PM

I want to see someone stick 2 Tuniq Towers on that mobo, and watch the sickening sound of the board strain and snap in half...

Video anyone?
November 17, 2006 12:46:01 PM

Duct tape to the rescue?
November 17, 2006 12:51:48 PM

Also... cooling... I don't even want to know the temps of the GPU's once their all running full blast...
November 17, 2006 12:56:46 PM

So OCing the GPU might be out of the question if the user doesn't plan to go with watercooling I presume?
November 17, 2006 1:07:16 PM

Hell... they'd probably have to underclock it unless they have some really nice cooling setup... already the 8800GTX hits around 80 C... and thats one by itself... 4 of them in their case, and single slot coolers at that?

Aftermarket coolers might help a bit, but single slot ones will be fanless, and dual-slot ones will only allow you to use 3 8800GTX's...

Either way, this board is pure fantasy. At most I see 2 cards in SLI with an add-on physics card. 4 cards... vaporware.
November 17, 2006 1:23:04 PM

More like steamware from the heat this thing will produce. I'm thinking Netburst here...
November 17, 2006 1:29:09 PM

Quote:

2nd place... LOSER

AMD... LOSER...

And.. how many people buy supercomputers... just because they make supercomputers doesn't mean enormous profit or market share... Cray has been in the buisness of supercomputers for years... how many people have heard of them?

lol
November 17, 2006 1:32:48 PM

AMD might be the loser right now,but INTEL was a loser for three years.Oh my god.INTEL was a loser for three years??whatever are we to do???LMFAO.Look people,I'm no more impressed with AMD's shifting from one cpu to another one in short order,thereby forcing people to buy new to keep their up gradability,than you are.But the truthe is they did get caught with their pants down and now they are scrambbling to play catch up.As for their purchase of ATI,it was a necessary evil which will pay off in the long run.At any rate,things will settle down in a few months and all will see that AMD is still in the race.Later.

Dahak

AMD X2-4400+@2.4 S-939
EVGA NF4 SLI MB
2X EVGA 7800GT IN SLI
2X1GIG DDR IN DC MODE
WD300GIG HD
EXTREME 19IN.MONITOR 1280X1024
ACE 520WATT PSU
COOLERMASTER MINI R120
November 17, 2006 2:04:38 PM

ATI... I really don't know if it was necessary, it was probably the next step to take, but at this point in time... probably a bad move...

They should have bought out ATI while they were still on top, but buying out ATI and then getting hit by C2D.. talk about bad timing...

If they survive this though, there is only promise for them.
November 17, 2006 2:49:24 PM

Quote:

2nd place... LOSER

AMD... LOSER...

Unless you consider Government Contracts :roll:
November 17, 2006 2:51:01 PM

Reason number 5 of why I didn't sign up for the military:
You weapon is made by the lowest bidder.
November 17, 2006 2:51:26 PM

Heh, not my fault the government overspends on everything. But I doubt the governments sending a brand new Athlon CPU to every soldier in Iraq, and tech spending isin't a big thing for the U.S. anyways... they need to fix social security before anything else...
November 17, 2006 2:59:12 PM

I don't want to sound like some school teacher here, but people who come in second in a race aren't called "losers", unless they are being judged by lame a$$es who aren't in the race: ie - on the sidelines. Coming in second sucks, but no one ever wins all the races - Intel was second for a long time, but they still sold alot of chips by claiming to always be the winner, regardless of facts. I'd hire someone who came in second, at least they were in the race...where did Core Duo come from? The chip that evolved into the C2D was a second-string chip...not Intel's el primo Netburst that was rammed down people's throats, but from a P3 mobile that was tweaked by a team in Israel, if I remember correctly.
Budweiser isn't even twentieth in beer sales here...does that mean you're working for a bunch of real losers there? No, it means you're working for "just another" beer company, regardless of the marketing hype they'd like you to believe in.
4x4 is AMD's attempt to showboat at a time when they probably shouldn't be showboating, though it does show Hypertransport's potential, if nothing else.
November 17, 2006 3:05:16 PM

... it was a joke a joke...

Like I tell everybody, this world would be so much better if people can take a joke and forget about the damn past...

Put up a caricature of a muslim leader, jihad against all western society... those people seriously can't take a joke...

And Budweiser isin't even twentieth because ya'll have no soul. We're first in the U.S., so we're winners! Although ImBev and SABMiller are probably bigger globally... damn them...

It doesn't matter where anything comes from, the best chip is the best chip... if people had a choice between first and second, why would you pick second? Would you pick an X2 over a C2D at the same price? Unless your a fanboy, the choice should be obvious. Doesn't matter where the C2D came from either, if its better, its better.
November 17, 2006 3:07:27 PM

Sam Adams is better.
!