Onboard LAN issues :( PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

greenelephant

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2006
:( :( :( :(

I have a gigabyte GA-7N400S-L motherboard with a Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet Adapter. Also an ASRock 775VM800 motherboard with VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter.

Now with Both machines they have Windows XP Pro SP2. They both have their drivers from their motherboard CD installed into their respective systems. Now I want to connect my broadband to my computer via ethernet. And even though when I plug in the ethernet cable at both ends the Onboard LAN notices a connection has been made and for each. It wont allow my internet to work? it means my onboard LAN is useless! I dont think its anything to do with it not installed properly because In Device Manager,there are no problems with the Adapter. Please HELp? (Has n e 1 else been in the same situation)

P.S I have heard it may be something to do with either the LAN chip or some kinda switches found on the motherboard itself which need to be adjusted to make it work. Is this the case?

Thanx!!

shadowfax

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2004
Did you install your broadband software on your PC needed to connect? Or are you using a router that has the connection info in it?

Lastly what is the IP address that you see?

hubbardt

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2004
Are you running the Windows Firewall ?
Have you configured your network card to DHCP ?

Go to a DOS prompt (Start - Run - CMD) and type IPCONFIG
What do you see ?