Dirty Glass - on the Inside!

I've had an Epson Perfection 2450 Photo for about three years, and lately as
the scan head lights up and makes a warm-up pass I see what appears to be
haze or even very thin mildew on the underside of the glass. This makes no
sense because the scanner has always resided in a clean, dry atmosphere.
Does anyone else have this problem? Should I have the unit serviced?

"Citizen Toxie" <givetheword@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I've had an Epson Perfection 2450 Photo for about three years, and lately
as
> the scan head lights up and makes a warm-up pass I see what appears to be
> haze or even very thin mildew on the underside of the glass. This makes no
> sense because the scanner has always resided in a clean, dry atmosphere.
> Does anyone else have this problem? Should I have the unit serviced?

It is a common problem. The plastic of the case is always releasing minute
particles of gas which settle on the inside of the glass.

The answer is to take the scanner apart and clean the glass.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com