History ? this is the 1st time I've had to fiddle with it,..

December 23, 2004 1:58:00 PM

I'm not sure what to call what I'm having trouble with. Maybe it has
something to do with history. What I need is after I've clicked on an item
on ebay, that item is highlighted on subsequent viewings of the list. Only
now it just stopped doing that. How can I fix it so it goes back to
highlighting already-viewed items? I think it is a Windows problem, not
ebay. But I'm not sure about that either. Can anyone point me in the right
direction?/should be an easy question, I hope.

Robert
Anonymous
December 23, 2004 5:26:12 PM

Hi Robert,

It has everything to do with history. Either you cleared yours (even the
"clear documents" will do this), or you are beyond the time frame allotted
to your history. All of these things are in Internet Options in the Control
Panel. There is also the possiblity that your Temprorary Internet Files have
become corrupted, in which case you should just delete them and start over.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Robert" <projecttoday@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I'm not sure what to call what I'm having trouble with. Maybe it has
> something to do with history. What I need is after I've clicked on an
> item on ebay, that item is highlighted on subsequent viewings of the list.
> Only now it just stopped doing that. How can I fix it so it goes back to
> highlighting already-viewed items? I think it is a Windows problem, not
> ebay. But I'm not sure about that either. Can anyone point me in the
> right direction?/should be an easy question, I hope.
>
> Robert

December 23, 2004 7:07:08 PM

Thanks for responding.

Internet Options was the 1st place I looked. It does say "days to keep
pages in history" and the setting is 30. That's pages. I can't find
anything about selected items. I have never changed this. There's a button
that says Clear History. I've never done that either.

I did try deleting temporary internet files and that doesn't seem to have
made any difference. Should I do the Clear History?

!