A Folder Freezes Computer

I have Windows XP Home SP2 installed on a brand new eMachine T2862 (HD -
60GB, Intel Celeron 330, RAM 256MB). Also I have McAfee VirusScan, Spyware
Blaster, Spybot Seach and Destroy, and Adaware updated and running.
I just run into a strange situation. In the Window Explorer, I was looking
into several sub-folders in My Documents. When I clicked on one of them (PAF
DATA Genealogy), the folder appeared empty and the system froze. The task
manager showed that My Documents is not responding. The only way to get
out - end task.
I rebooted computer, went to genealogy PAF program and it opened and run
normally. However, when I used Window Explorer again and clicked on PAF DATA
folder, the system froze again...
What's going on? How to fix this problem and open this folder?

Ilya Zeldes
Fort Myers, Florida

ilyaz wrote:
> I have Windows XP Home SP2 installed on a brand new eMachine T2862 (HD -
> 60GB, Intel Celeron 330, RAM 256MB). Also I have McAfee VirusScan, Spyware
> Blaster, Spybot Seach and Destroy, and Adaware updated and running.
> I just run into a strange situation. In the Window Explorer, I was looking
> into several sub-folders in My Documents. When I clicked on one of them (PAF
> DATA Genealogy), the folder appeared empty and the system froze. The task
> manager showed that My Documents is not responding. The only way to get
> out - end task.
> I rebooted computer, went to genealogy PAF program and it opened and run
> normally. However, when I used Window Explorer again and clicked on PAF DATA
> folder, the system froze again...
> What's going on? How to fix this problem and open this folder?
>
> Ilya Zeldes
> Fort Myers, Florida

Explorer doesn't know what to do with the file since it is part of
another program.
-max

--
Keeping Windows Clean: http://www.geocities.com/maxpro4u/madmax.html
Virus Cleaning+Fixes: http://www.geocities.com/maxpro4u/TechPros

Max,
what do you mean? I'm not speaking about a file, it's a FOLDER. The folder
just appears empty in Windows Explorer, while, actually, all the files still
are there and the program could be run. Moreover, why, suddenly, the Windows
Explorer "forgot" how to open this particular folder, and still remembers
how to do it with all others?
Thanks for your suggestion and URL.
Ilya
..

ilyaz wrote:
> Max,
> what do you mean? I'm not speaking about a file, it's a FOLDER. The folder
> just appears empty in Windows Explorer, while, actually, all the files still
> are there and the program could be run. Moreover, why, suddenly, the Windows
> Explorer "forgot" how to open this particular folder, and still remembers
> how to do it with all others?
> Thanks for your suggestion and URL.
> Ilya
> .
What I meant is that one or more files inside the folder has an
extension that has not been associated with before Ex: .zoo,.ztd
That could cause it to freeze up.
When you run the program it knows what to do with the files in the
program's folder(or any saved files you put in your documents).
-max

--
Keeping Windows Clean: http://www.geocities.com/maxpro4u/madmax.html
Virus Cleaning+Fixes: http://www.geocities.com/maxpro4u/TechPros
Change nomail.afraid.org to neo.rr.com so you can reply by e-mail
use in Usenet. Feel free to use it yourself.)

Thanks for your explanation. Meantime, the folder opens again...
IZ