digitalus79

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2006
I'm first time here so sorry if I make something wrong

My problem

I have a array with RAID 5 /4 hdd x 300GB/

It's was only 40 GB free place. I was add new disk and made in WEB BIOS for RAID initialization for this new HDD.

Now /with this new or with out this new hdd/ in Windows 2003 Serwer in MY COMPUTER don't show disk array.

It's only in managment of disk /unllocated space/ but I don't see my DATA :((( and can't have any acces for this by my comp / explorer

pls if some one know what to do for recovery all help me.

ps
sorry for lang mistake....

SomeJoe7777

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2006
I was add new disk and made in WEB BIOS for RAID initialization for this new HDD.

Initializing the array creates a NEW array (blank).

If your RAID controller has written RAID-5 parity information all over the drives during the initialization process, your data is gone. No chance of recovery. I hope you have a backup.

If (unlikely) your RAID controller didn't do this, then there's a shot you could recover the data using RAID Reconstructor by Runtime.

Expanding a RAID array is tricky. Your controller must support online RAID expansion, and there's generally a special procedure you go through to do it. Once the RAID array is expanded, then you have to go into Windows Server 2003 and expand the NTFS partition using Disk Management or the DISKPART command line utility.