Tags:
  • IP Address
  • Internet Service Providers
  • FTP
  • Networking
Last response: in Networking
March 5, 2006 4:37:23 PM

Hello -
I have a public IP address provided though my ISP's DHCP server (Verizon FIOS) that changes almost daily.

I'm looking for an unattended script, service or batch file that runs in WINXP that will either generate an email, or FTP a small file with the public IP address on a frequency.

I know there our services that you pay what I feel is a ridiculous amount for what should be fairly straightforward to do.

In advance, thanks for your help.

Ed
Ed dot Schreibman 'at' gmail -dot- com

More about : public address change notification ftp smtp

March 6, 2006 2:54:21 PM

A neat solution that I use is as follows:

Register a hostname with DynDS click me !

Download the DynDNS utility that automatically updates your hostname with the current I.P address. click me !

This way you can access your I.P via a chosen hostname and it automatically updates (e.g. myftpserver.servegame.org)

8)
December 10, 2013 12:16:10 PM

eschreib said:
Hello -
I have a public IP address provided though my ISP's DHCP server (Verizon FIOS) that changes almost daily.

I'm looking for an unattended script, service or batch file that runs in WINXP that will either generate an email, or FTP a small file with the public IP address on a frequency.

I know there our services that you pay what I feel is a ridiculous amount for what should be fairly straightforward to do.

In advance, thanks for your help.

Ed
Ed dot Schreibman 'at' gmail -dot- com

check this out for INSTANT ONLINE DOLLAR EARNING....
www.referralduty.com/index.php?invite=48332
!