Sign in with
Your question

Old fisher home speakers

Last response: in Opinions and Experiences
March 24, 2009 10:10:38 AM

fisher studio standard-magentic field compenstated-for use with television reciever-indepence 8 ohms-input power 120wats-crossover frequency 1.5/6kHz-system frequency response home fisher speakers, my question is, is does anyone have a clue on their value by chance? please.

More about : fisher home speakers

April 22, 2009 4:58:15 AM

Hi carriecarrie,

My name is Ken olson and I live near Fort Atkinson Wisconsin, USA. I personally own some old Fisher Stereo equipment, as well as some older Fisher speakers. I own 2 pairs of Fisher speakers. One pair of Fisher XP-7s. They are 12" 3-way systems which date back to 1965. And a pair of Fisher tower speakers, STV-884 model, 110 watts power input rating. They are 3-way speaker systems. 15" woofer, 4" midrange, and a 3" tweeter. This pair of speakers dates back to the mid 1980s. This pair is huge, standing well over 3 feet tall. I have other related
Fisher stereo equipment as well. There values vary. It's really hard to say what people will pay for this old stuff. Mine all works very well yet. I still play music through all my Fisher stuff. Let me know what model your old speakers are. Maybe I can find out more for you.

Ken olson

e-mail, kenolsons@lycos.com

June 6, 2009 11:07:25 PM

hi,

i have the same fisher 15 in speakers (stv-884). i always valued them more for their bass than clarity, but lately i've been noticing a lot of distortion. i thought you might be able to offer some insight.

i used to use some cheap 4"/1.5" component speakers for the high end and got rid of them a few months ago. i double checked and don't see any signs of damage. i am running longer speaker cables to them than i ever have before (the longest wraps 3/4 around the room and is about 25 ft) but i didn't think this could be a problem since it's heavy 12 gauge cable.

do you think the distortion could just be from them getting too old, or could there be damage that i can't see? either seems unlikely since they sounded so much better just 3 or 4 years ago, and i never pushed them too far.

any advice would be greatly appreciated.

kenolsons said:
Hi carriecarrie,

My name is Ken olson and I live near Fort Atkinson Wisconsin, USA. I personally own some old Fisher Stereo equipment, as well as some older Fisher speakers. I own 2 pairs of Fisher speakers. One pair of Fisher XP-7s. They are 12" 3-way systems which date back to 1965. And a pair of Fisher tower speakers, STV-884 model, 110 watts power input rating. They are 3-way speaker systems. 15" woofer, 4" midrange, and a 3" tweeter. This pair of speakers dates back to the mid 1980s. This pair is huge, standing well over 3 feet tall. I have other related
Fisher stereo equipment as well. There values vary. It's really hard to say what people will pay for this old stuff. Mine all works very well yet. I still play music through all my Fisher stuff. Let me know what model your old speakers are. Maybe I can find out more for you.

Ken olson

e-mail, kenolsons@lycos.com

Related resources
September 24, 2009 9:19:54 PM

Hi Newcomer
I bought a Fisher Studio Standard component system back in the early 80's. It sounds better than anything I have head on the market today About two years ago I was having some distortion in the sound. I thought the system was just old and I needed a new stereo. Upon checking things out I found the foam in the 15" woofers had just rotted away from being so old. I went on the net looking to buy new woofers. I found a place that sold re-foam kits for most any speaker there is. http://www.simplyspeakers.com The kit was only $26.00 and they paid for shipping. I replaced the foam in one day and it was pretty easy to do with the instructions. You might try checking the foam in the speakers for the distortion problem. It sure saved my system.
September 1, 2012 3:01:14 PM

Hi i just bought a pair of Fisher GP120-3 speakers for aprox 20$. the label is stil on but what is to say about them, is it crap or? it sounds quite well in my ears thou..

Bengt Erik
SWEDEN
!