Logon problem (WinXP)

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.cn.windowsxp,microsoft.public.windowsxp.accessibility,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

When I try to logon the computer ask me for administrator password.
When I type the password, I get an error message "The Local policy of
this system does not permit you to log on interactively."

It has never happend before.
How can I access the the computer?
5 answers Last reply
More about logon problem winxp
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.cn.windowsxp,microsoft.public.windowsxp.accessibility,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    Are you logging on with an Administrator account ?
    Do you have any other account that is in an administrator group ?
    If so log on via that account and check what do you have in you group policy
    under Log on locally;
    Start / Run: gpedit.msc
    Under Computer Configuration
    expand Windows Settings
    expand Security Settings
    expand Local Policies
    and then click User Rights Assignment

    Do you have more than one computer connected true network;
    Try accessing this computer with the same account from another computer.

    When did this happened - Did you install a certain program, did you noticed
    any spyware, adware, trojans, viruses on your computer before the error
    occurred, ....

    For direct e-mailing remove "-spam" from my e-mail address
    --
    Best Regards,
    Matija Hrovat

    "Baldomir" <ei@oo.com> wrote in message
    > When I try to logon the computer ask me for administrator password.
    > When I type the password, I get an error message "The Local policy of
    > this system does not permit you to log on interactively."
    >
    > It has never happend before.
    > How can I access the the computer?

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.cn.windowsxp,microsoft.public.windowsxp.accessibility,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    If you use Windows XP HOME Edtion.It's normal,and you can turn to Safe
    mode,then use the administrator account and password to logon!

    --
    Regards
    ??:youyang

    His error was:
    The Local policy of this system does not permit you to log on interactively

    The error you are talking about is:
    Unable to log you on because of an account restriction

    So I don't think the problem is in home edition.

    "youyang" <youyang1983@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > If you use Windows XP HOME Edtion.It's normal,and you can turn to Safe
    > mode,then use the administrator account and password to logon!
    >

    > --
    > Regards
    > ??:youyang
    > ??:??
    > Windows XP??
    > ???????:
    > WindowsXP/2000 Support
    > BLOG:
    > http://blog.mvpcn.net/youyang/
    > ??!??????????

  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.cn.windowsxp,microsoft.public.windowsxp.accessibility,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    In article <uPcmi8U6EHA.2600@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>,
    matija.hrovat@avtenta.si-spam says...
    > Are you logging on with an Administrator account ?
    > Do you have any other account that is in an administrator group ?

    I have administrator account + 1 other account.
    Same problem with both accounts.
    Ask for password and then give the error message.

    The problem came when the WinXP "crashed" and I had to turn of the
    computer.
    When I turned on the computer again, it gave me that error message.
    Same error in bouth accounts.

    I can't get in to any of the accounts.

    I think I have to re-install XP (?)
  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.cn.windowsxp,microsoft.public.windowsxp.accessibility,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    Boot the system, start tapping F8 until the menu appears, then select "Last
    Known Good Configuration," and press enter. If that fails to resolve it, do
    the above again but this time choose Safe Mode from the menu. If you can
    enter Safe Mode, accept the option to go to System Restore or access it
    through the Start menu, Start\All Programs\Accessories\System Tools\System
    Restore and try to take your system back to a time prior to when this began.

    If that fails or you are unable to enter Safe Mode, try a Repair Install as
    follows:
    NOTE, while a repair install should leave your data files intact, if
    something goes wrong during the repair install, you may be forced to start
    over and do a clean install of XP. If you don't have your data backed up,
    you would lose your data should that eventuality occur.

    Assuming your system is set to boot from the CD-ROM drive and you have an
    actual XP CD as opposed to a recovery CD, boot with the XP
    CD in the drive and perform a repair install as outlined below. If the
    system isn't set to boot from the CD or you are not sure, you need to enter
    the system's BIOS. When you boot the system, the first screen usually has
    instructions that if you wish to enter set press a specific key, when you
    see that, do so. Then you will have to navigate to the boot sequence, if
    the CD-ROM drive is not first line, set it first in the boot sequence. Save
    your settings and exit with the XP CD in the drive. The system will reboot.

    When the system boots, a few screens into the process you may see a message
    instructing you
    to hit any key in order to boot from the CD along with a countdown. When
    you see this be sure to
    hit a key on the keyboard, if you miss this instruction and the system fails
    to boot from the CD, it's too
    late, you'll need to reboot and try again.

    Once you have pressed a key, setup should begin. You will see a reference
    asking if you need to load special drivers and another notice that if you
    wish to begin the ASR (Automatic Recovery Console) depress F2. Just let
    setup run past all of that. It will continue to load files and drivers.

    Then it will bring you to a screen. Eventually, you will come to a screen
    with the option to (1) setup Windows or (2) Repair Windows Installation
    using the Recovery console. ***The selection you want at this screen is
    "Setup Windows,"
    NOT "Repair Windows Installation.

    The first option, to setup Windows is the one you want and requires you to
    press enter. When asked, press F8 to accept the end user agreement. Setup
    will then search for previous versions of Windows. Upon finding your
    version, it will ask if you wish to Repair your current installation or
    install fresh. Press R, that will run a repair installation. From there
    on, follow the screens.

    Note, in some cases, you won't receive the repair option, only an option to
    reinstall. We have discovered that sometimes this is caused by damaged
    boot.ini file that can be repaired as follows and also note, in the
    instructions, "K" refers to the CD drive in which you have placed the XP CD,
    replace that drive letter with the appropriate letter on your system, "K" is
    simply an example.

    Reboot, this time taking the immediate R option (this is the section I told
    you to skip above. In this case, you will need to get to the Recovery
    Console to perform the function below), and if the CD letter is say K: give
    these commands

    COPY K:\i386\ntldr C:
    COPY K:\i386\ntdetect.com C:
    (two other files needed - just in case)
    ATTRIB -H -R -S C:\boot.ini
    DEL C:\boot.ini
    BootCfg /Rebuild

    Once you've completed this function, reboot and see if you can access XP as
    sometimes, the problem is the damaged boot.ini. If you still cannot access
    XP, then reboot and re-run the repair install instructions at the beginning
    of this message.

    If you only have a recovery CD, your options are quite limited. You can
    either purchase a retail version of XP which will allow you to perform the
    above
    among other tools and options it has or you can run your system recovery
    routine with the Recovery CD which will likely wipe your drive, deleting all
    files but will restore your setup to factory fresh condition.

    --
    Michael Solomon MS-MVP
    Windows Shell/User

    > In article <uPcmi8U6EHA.2600@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>,
    > matija.hrovat@avtenta.si-spam says...
    >> Are you logging on with an Administrator account ?
    >> Do you have any other account that is in an administrator group ?
    >
    > I have administrator account + 1 other account.
    > Same problem with both accounts.
    > Ask for password and then give the error message.
    >
    > The problem came when the WinXP "crashed" and I had to turn of the
    > computer.
    > When I turned on the computer again, it gave me that error message.
    > Same error in bouth accounts.
    >
    > I can't get in to any of the accounts.
    >
    > I think I have to re-install XP (?)

Computers Microsoft Error Message Windows XP