Sign in with
Your question

DVd ripping

Last response: in Components
November 15, 2006 3:48:21 PM

Hey guys, i need to RIP & encode 400 non protected DVD`s for streaming.
What DVD drive has the best ripping speed?
If i put 2-3 drives on a ATA/133 C.C all masters can i rip at the same time with out slowing down?
What program would let me do that?
thanks folks!!

More about : dvd ripping

November 15, 2006 5:51:16 PM

I use DVDFab Decrypter 3.0.3.5 dump all my DVDs on in my HTPC so that I my DVDs will not become damage. Then I encode them to DivX.

You can use XMPEG 5.0.3 to encode the VOB files.

Note to self: Do not lend DVDs to family. Ever.

http://www.dvdidle.com/free.htm

http://www.xmpeg.net/website/

There are also plenty of commerical encoders but many of them lack ripping capabilities due to legal reasons.

You can also go to www.videohelp.com for additional software (both free and commerical) options and post questions in their forum.
November 16, 2006 5:03:25 AM

Thanks for the info guys, WOW that videohelp link was a blast from the past when i first stated making DVD and went there for all my info..

But i needed to find a program to RIP multi DVD`s at the same time,that fourm was for hooking up mulit DVD`s and burning without slowning down,which is a pain in the butt i went through that task a few years ago for like 1month till i got it right,BTW record now is a good program to use for that task.

Im going to encode to WMV,REAL,QT,DIVX , going to use Squeez or Pro-coder2 , i dont need lables at all but thanks..

What DVd drive`s rip the fastest? i never had to rip a DVD back in the day i just used DVDxCOPY to make a 1:1 so im a bit clueless about ripping are all drive ripping speed the same(doubt it)

Thanks guys
November 16, 2006 12:59:57 PM

Quote:

But i needed to find a program to RIP multi DVD`s at the same time...

What DVd drive`s rip the fastest? i never had to rip a DVD back in the day i just used DVDxCOPY to make a 1:1 so im a bit clueless about ripping are all drive ripping speed the same(doubt it)

You'll need to run multiple instances of DVDFab Decrypter. One for each DVD and it's probably best to rip them to seperate hard drives to reduce bottlenecking.

As for drives... Many drives have BIOSes that artificially limits the ripping speed. So you need to do some research. I have the NEC 3550A which does a pretty good job a ripping and burning. I don't really monitor the ripping speed, but I've seen it peak at x12 when ripping. I also have a Sony DVD-ROM drive that seems to be pretty good as well, but I don't know the model# off the top of my head.

Currently x18 DVD Burners are the fastest drives around, but remember that's peak speed, not sustained speed.

I go to CDRinfo.com to do research for optical drives.
!