Which is the best sata port to use on the p5w dh deluxe?

cuppachar

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2006
Hi all, I've just finished my forth install of windows and still have problems with the damned machine.
I keep encountering all sorts of error messages (I've never encountered this crap before believe me).
I have 2 identical pata samsung 400gig hard drives. I want to dual boot xp pro on one of the drives and use the other drive for storage. I don't want to raid them just use them as single drives (groan I hear you but thats what I want to do).
Which is the best sata port to use for the primary drive and which one is best for the storage? The intel, asus ez or jmicron? Which is best in terms of speed and reliablilty?
Call me old fashioned but things were easier using eide for hard discs but I hear this board has more than its fair share of bugs.
Are there any jumper settings I have to be aware of?
Finally, is it possible for me to go dual boot (xp pro on one drive and xp pro on the other drive?
Thanks in advance and a prayer said to all those who reply :lol:

CompuTronix

Intel Master
The Intel controller is definately the fastest of the three SATA controllers. FYI, the Asus EZ Backup is a Silicon Image controller. Unless you have some special considerations which govern your configuration requirements, it's OK to put both drives on the Intel Controller.