I can not make my computer work properly. I believe that xp never has loaded
properly. I've reformatted drive after sp2 crashed my system and the list
goes on and on and on and on ! I've tried to contact Microsoft to no avail.
I keep getting told to get ahold of the computer manufacturer (which is
????????????) I bought this computer from a private party. I'm so
frustrated I could screeeeeeeeeeeeeem!
Can someone help me ? I was told MS can accesss my computer from there's
and fix problems.
--
LS

We had similar problems with sp2. Try reinstalling xp. XPSP2 does have it's
own tech department of over 300 techs! Tells you something about sp2 does it
not? Anyway, they were helpful to my husband.

"Larry S" wrote:

> I can not make my computer work properly. I believe that xp never has loaded
> properly. I've reformatted drive after sp2 crashed my system and the list
> goes on and on and on and on ! I've tried to contact Microsoft to no avail.
> I keep getting told to get ahold of the computer manufacturer (which is
> ????????????) I bought this computer from a private party. I'm so
> frustrated I could screeeeeeeeeeeeeem!
> Can someone help me ? I was told MS can accesss my computer from there's
> and fix problems.
> --
> LS

Either your computer is a home-built system, or it has been built by a
company like Dell, HP, Compaq, Acer, Toshiba, Sony and so on. If it is a
commercially produced system, the manufacturer will provide the operating
support. If it is a privately built computer, with a retail copy of XP
installed, Microsoft will provide support for the operating system only. If
the copy of XP is an OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) copy, the support
will come from that specific company.

The XP install disk is bootable. To perform a clean installation of XP,
boot from the disk, your BIOS will need to be set to first boot from the CD
drive, and follow the instructions. Do a Google search for "clean
installation of XP" and you will find detailed information.