Computer is Shutting off

Frozen_Fallout

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2003
I built a system for my friend a 4400+ 2 gigs of ram (800) Geforce 7900 GT and well we had allot of problems getting an OS installed and now after about 10 min of the computer being on and it just shuts off with no warning at all. The past problem that we had was a bad stick of ram but everything seems to be running fine and CPU temp is around 35c and I have no idea why it is shutting off. The whole computer powers down and if I try and boot it back up right away it wont turn on unless I wait about 1 to 5min. Can anyone help or have an idea of what is going on?

boduke

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2006
I built a system for my friend a 4400+ 2 gigs of ram (800) Geforce 7900 GT and well we had allot of problems getting an OS installed and now after about 10 min of the computer being on and it just shuts off with no warning at all. The past problem that we had was a bad stick of ram but everything seems to be running fine and CPU temp is around 35c and I have no idea why it is shutting off. The whole computer powers down and if I try and boot it back up right away it wont turn on unless I wait about 1 to 5min. Can anyone help or have an idea of what is going on?

Is that the temp right before it shuts off? It really seems like a temperature issue somewhere. We had a system here that was doing the same thing and I swapped the HSF and the problem went away...

rabidbunny

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2006
What are the specific specs of the pc???

I just built my system in my sig and it took me a little bit to figure out that the ram voltage was .2 or .3v undervolted and my pc was stopping dead trying to install windows.
Check that the ram doesn't need to be overvolted to something like 2.0v or 2.1v when the mobo is set at 1.8v.....

If that isn't the problem, then find temps, check Heatsink contact with cpu, re-check ALL connections in the case including the graphics card HSF if necessary (it shouldn't be), and check the powersupply to make sure it isn't having any problems.

If you can, test another psu in this system to see if the PSU is the problem..... Those things can be quirky and cause the pc to do weird things....

I hope this helped you a bit....
d[-_-]b