Hi,

I just downloaded the SP2 file "WindowsXP-KB835935-SP2-ENU.exe" from
the microsoft site, and was wondering if I should just burn this to a
CD or "extract" it to a CD, and if so, what file gets it started,
there is no "setup.exe" file showing when I look at it in Winzip.

I'm downloading this to install the SP2 on 50 computers at a local
middle school, mine already has SP2 on it and windows update wasn't
showing me the option to be able to download it from the windows
update site.

I didn't see any instructions on the microsoft site, so either I just
didn't see it or it wasn't there.

Thanks for any info.

niteowl

niteowl wrote:
> I just downloaded the SP2 file "WindowsXP-KB835935-SP2-ENU.exe" from
> the microsoft site, and was wondering if I should just burn this to a
> CD or "extract" it to a CD, and if so, what file gets it started,
> there is no "setup.exe" file showing when I look at it in Winzip.
>
> I'm downloading this to install the SP2 on 50 computers at a local
> middle school, mine already has SP2 on it and windows update wasn't
> showing me the option to be able to download it from the windows
> update site.
>
> I didn't see any instructions on the microsoft site, so either I just
> didn't see it or it wasn't there.
>
> Thanks for any info.

Yes - burn it to CD..
And Deployment information could be found where you got it:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/winxpsp2.mspx

Or perhaps:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?pr=windowsxpsp2it

You can extract it and run UPDATE manually I suppose - no reason to..
You could integrate it into youe XP CDs..
You could do all sorts of things with it - it only requires a little
research (Google maybe - Microsoft Web Searches) and time.

--
<- Shenan ->

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 17:42:33 -0600, "Shenan Stanley"
<news_helper@hushmail.com> wrote:

>niteowl wrote:
>> I just downloaded the SP2 file "WindowsXP-KB835935-SP2-ENU.exe" from
>> the microsoft site, and was wondering if I should just burn this to a
>> CD or "extract" it to a CD, and if so, what file gets it started,
>> there is no "setup.exe" file showing when I look at it in Winzip.
>>
>> I'm downloading this to install the SP2 on 50 computers at a local
>> middle school, mine already has SP2 on it and windows update wasn't
>> showing me the option to be able to download it from the windows
>> update site.
>>
>> I didn't see any instructions on the microsoft site, so either I just
>> didn't see it or it wasn't there.
>>
>> Thanks for any info.
>
>Yes - burn it to CD..

Thank you,