Can this reach 4ghz?

CPU: Intel Core2Duo E6700 Conroe 2.66ghz
Motherboard: Asus P5B Deluxe
Video Card: PNY GeForce 7900GS 256MB
Ram: Crucial Technology 2gb(2x1gb) DDR2 (CL3 3-3-3-12 timing)
Hard Drive 1: Seagate Barracuda 320gb
Hard Drive 2: Seagate Barracuda 320gb
PSU: Thermaltake ToughPower W0128RU 650W.
Case: Antec Performance 1P180B Black
HSF: Tuniq Tower 120
DVD-RW: Samsung DVD Burner
Additional fan in front of the lower hard drive case on P-180.

Post what I need to change to reach that if it can't do it already.
15 answers Last reply
More about reach 4ghz
  1. on tuniq tower?
  2. It is easy to overclock E6700,but for reaching 4Ghz it would work on a higher volt like 1.5V,It's not a safe volt for daily use
  3. Yeah.

Do I need to switch out the ram?
  4. The thing you will be running into is temperatures. Also, what memory are you using? You just gave the timings on it.
  5. E6700 at a high mutiple :twisted:
  6. Quote:
    RAM

At that price, get DDR2 800 for a lot better performance.
  7. Well, would water cooling the PC keep it at stable temps to run at 4ghz? I have never really liked the idea of water-cooling, just because of it springing a leak, but if it would be extremely low temps, no noise, and not overly priced, I may consider it. I would want something stable that wouldn't need to be upgraded/repaired in 2years though.
  8. If that's the Crucial Ballistix, then you should be fine ram wise. Hmmmm, water-cooling would add approx 200 bucks to that cost... since most entry-level watercoolers do marginally better than top-end air coolers. A swiftech or DD solution would be optimal.

You might be able to hit 4 ghz, depends on a lot of things... might want to get a 680i or P5B-E instead since they're better OC'ers then the current P5B (not by much, but every little bit helps)... although the 680i does have problems OC'ing the 4mb Conroe's...

Shrug, give it a shot and pray, a lot of this will be up to the cpu you get also... can't do anything about that.
  9. Why is 4ghz such a needed goal to achieve? A 3.8ghz CPU with the Core 2 Architecture is a force to be reckoned with. Overclocking is free performance!
  10. So he can say his e-Penis is > yours...

Or thats why I OC... shrug
  11. haha,upstair is so funny
  12. Not all E6700 are going to reach 4GHz and even then water cooling or phase is your best bet.
  13. I'd be more concerned about the mobo, as DOUGHBUY stated earlier. Check and see.
  14. On the motherboard, I heard that the P5B-E is a good motherboard, but you really want a specific version. I don't remember which that is, but one isn't as good and I didn't want to take a chance and buy one from newegg if it wasn't as good as the deluxe.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Hard Drives Product