OPEN WITH

Is there a way to open a jpeg file by selecting and clicking on file in
order for it to automatically open in Photoshop Elements. I would like to
open it without right clicking the jpeg file and selecting Open with?

Thank you in advance

Hank Laskin
3 answers Last reply
More about open with

    Yes, just make Photoshop Elements the default jpeg program
    when you use the "open with" command and have the box
    checked to always open with the selected program.

    --
    Merry Christmas
    Have a Safe and Happy New Year
    "HankL" <hlaskin@bendnet.com> wrote in message
    | Is there a way to open a jpeg file by selecting and
    clicking on file in
    | order for it to automatically open in Photoshop Elements.
    I would like to
    | open it without right clicking the jpeg file and selecting
    Open with?

    | Thank you in advance
    |
    | Hank Laskin

    Hi,

    You have to change the default association for all .jpg files. This is done
    on the file types tab of folder options in the control panel. Scroll down to
    ..jpg, select it and click advanced. You want to change the "open" settings.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "HankL" <hlaskin@bendnet.com> wrote in message
    > Is there a way to open a jpeg file by selecting and clicking on file in
    > order for it to automatically open in Photoshop Elements. I would like to
    > open it without right clicking the jpeg file and selecting Open with?
    >
    > Thank you in advance
    >
    > Hank Laskin

    Right click on one of the jpeg files, then left click "choose program", find
    Photoshop Elements in the list and then check the box that says "always use
    the selected program to open this kind of file".

    "HankL" <hlaskin@bendnet.com> wrote in message
    Is there a way to open a jpeg file by selecting and clicking on file in
    order for it to automatically open in Photoshop Elements. I would like to
    open it without right clicking the jpeg file and selecting Open with?

    Thank you in advance

    Hank Laskin

Photoshop Microsoft Windows XP