OPEN WITH

Is there a way to open a jpeg file by selecting and clicking on file in
order for it to automatically open in Photoshop Elements. I would like to
open it without right clicking the jpeg file and selecting Open with?

Thank you in advance

Hank Laskin

Yes, just make Photoshop Elements the default jpeg program
when you use the "open with" command and have the box
checked to always open with the selected program.

--
Merry Christmas
Have a Safe and Happy New Year
"HankL" <hlaskin@bendnet.com> wrote in message
| Is there a way to open a jpeg file by selecting and
clicking on file in
| order for it to automatically open in Photoshop Elements.
I would like to
| open it without right clicking the jpeg file and selecting
Open with?

| Thank you in advance
|
| Hank Laskin

Hi,

You have to change the default association for all .jpg files. This is done
on the file types tab of folder options in the control panel. Scroll down to
..jpg, select it and click advanced. You want to change the "open" settings.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"HankL" <hlaskin@bendnet.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to open a jpeg file by selecting and clicking on file in
> order for it to automatically open in Photoshop Elements. I would like to
> open it without right clicking the jpeg file and selecting Open with?
>
> Thank you in advance
>
> Hank Laskin

br549

Right click on one of the jpeg files, then left click "choose program", find
Photoshop Elements in the list and then check the box that says "always use
the selected program to open this kind of file".