Hands-on with the Lenovo Yoga 11S

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

The physical dimensions are too big for a tablet, and the screen resolution is too small for good laptop. The Surface Pro is more appealing IMO at 1080p with a detachable keyboard. Yoga's not for everyone, I guess.

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
[citation][nom]notforeveryone[/nom]The physical dimensions are too big for a tablet, and the screen resolution is too small for good laptop. The Surface Pro is more appealing IMO at 1080p with a detachable keyboard. Yoga's not for everyone, I guess.[/citation]
I like the idea of the Yoga, a LOT. Wish it were lighter. Wish it had even better battery life. Wish it had the equivalent of a 'retina' display. But it doesn't. The big problem is, the Yoga is about twice the price I would expect for what it is. Were it to have the things I just mentioned, it might be worth the price...

I would also have preferred that they use an APU over an Intel offering, but apparently I am on a bit of an island there...

kyuuketsuki

Distinguished
May 17, 2011
[citation][nom]jacobdrj[/nom]I would also have preferred that they use an APU over an Intel offering, but apparently I am on a bit of an island there...[/citation]
Not at all. Not only are AMD's chips cheaper, which should lend to less expensive end-products, but I'd take the more-than-adequate CPU performance and much superior GPU performance of AMD's APUs. Unfortunately, it seems most OEMs are sold on the idea that being able to advertise "powered by Intel" makes for good marketing and/or are getting generous kickbacks.

I can understand a hidden feature not to work or be buggy, but the flip-image in one of the main positions (one of the main selling points of the device, actually) is not something that should be missed by the manufacturer.
The "tent" mode made a fool out of the presenter.

amdwilliam1985

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2006
I too like the Yoga idea a lot. I recently played with it(Yoga 13) side by side to an Asus TAICHI, the experience is so much better(the touch experience, the build quality and the feel of Yoga). The only shortcoming is the weight(in tablet mode, you don't want to hold it for an extensive period of time). Yoga 11S is a good idea, it should come with Haswell cpu and have to have close to ~8 hours normal usage battery life.

bouda

Honorable
Mar 4, 2013
It seems from the picture that there is an SD card reader that the presenter didn't mention. Am I wrong. I like the concept. And the weight is ?

Status
Not open for further replies.