Can anyone recommend some webcam software please?

Can anyone recommend some webcam software please?
I want to be able to constantly stream my webcam feed and see which IP
addresses are connected to it.
Any suggestions? Freeware / Shareware / Trialware preferred.

T.
7 answers Last reply
More about recommend webcam software please

    "Thomas Houseman"
    <thomashousemanHADTOPUTTHISHERETOSTOPTHESWENVIRUS@hotmail.com> wrote in
    message news:c4d0ra$2gv4ub$1@ID-90831.news.uni-berlin.de...
    > Can anyone recommend some webcam software please?
    > I want to be able to constantly stream my webcam feed and see which IP
    > addresses are connected to it.
    > Any suggestions? Freeware / Shareware / Trialware preferred.
    >
    > T.

    http://www.uk-software.com/

    a good software package and does everything yu ask

    regards slayer

    --
    > if the following image offends then dont look at it...

    /'_/)
    ,/_ /
    / /
    /'_'/' '/'_'7,
    /'/ / / /"
    ('( ' ' _~/
    \ '
    '\' \ _7
    \ (
    \ \.

    > ERROR 404 SIG NOT FOUND . END OF INSTRUCTION , PROGRAM FAILED TO
    INITIALIZE. KILL ALL ENEMIES OF THE UK AND COALITION FORCES NOW !!!

    SOME PEOPLE ENJOY SIPPING FROM THE FOUNTAIN OF KNOWLEDGE...........

    PERSONALLY ,,,, SWALLOWING GALLONS IS MY THING......

    phlem1@myshortsbtinertnet.com

    "Thomas Houseman"
    <thomashousemanHADTOPUTTHISHERETOSTOPTHESWENVIRUS@hotmail.com> wrote in
    message news:c4d0ra$2gv4ub$1@ID-90831.news.uni-berlin.de...
    | Can anyone recommend some webcam software please?
    | I want to be able to constantly stream my webcam feed and see which IP
    | addresses are connected to it.
    | Any suggestions? Freeware / Shareware / Trialware preferred.
    |
    | T.

    Give the Windows Media Encoder a go.
    it's 100% free, real streaming (to the Windows Media Player), and you can
    see which IP is connected to it!
    (you can even do sound if needed)

    More info @
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/9series/encoder/default.aspx

    Want to see it in action? Go and have a look at http://webcam.kijk.info

    Noël

    --
    www.resize2mail.com | webcam.kijk.info

    Hi Noel,
    brilliant example. Thanks I think I'll try the software
    myself.

    Only problem is that the cars were all driving on the wrong side of
    the road ( in Australia we drive on the left side like in the UK)

    Cheers

    Phillip

    "Phillip Simpson" <psimpson@yican.com.au> wrote in message
    | Hi Noel,
    | brilliant example. Thanks I think I'll try the software
    | myself.
    |
    | Only problem is that the cars were all driving on the wrong side of
    | the road ( in Australia we drive on the left side like in the UK)
    |
    | Cheers
    |

    | Phillip

    Hi Philip,

    I guess I could mirror the "image" for you :-/
    Only problem will be that the rest of the world will complain that they are
    driving on the wrong side of the road :-)

    Re: I'll try the software myself.

    Some small tips.

    1) Try 1st to connect to your stream like this:
    mms://your_ip:your_port (you will need to change your_ip and your_port to
    what you have set)
    After that you can start doing the fancy stuff like getting it to work in a
    HTML page!

    2) Start encoding with one "Encoder Profile" and do not start to high! I'm
    streaming (Video bit rate) at 69 Kbps (I love that nr.) and with a "Frame
    rate" of 20 fps. Why? If you set it all to high, it will use a lot of CPU
    power! Once it's all setup ok, you can start adding more video bit rate's
    and see if your CPU can handle it.

    Let me know if you get stuck!

    Good luck.

    Noël

    --
    www.resize2mail.com | webcam.kijk.info

    | On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 10:43:20 +0200, "Noël" <n03l@REMOVE-hotmail.com>
    | wrote:
    |

    | >"Thomas Houseman"
    | ><thomashousemanHADTOPUTTHISHERETOSTOPTHESWENVIRUS@hotmail.com> wrote in
    | >message news:c4d0ra$2gv4ub$1@ID-90831.news.uni-berlin.de...
    | >| Can anyone recommend some webcam software please?
    | >| I want to be able to constantly stream my webcam feed and see which IP
    | >| addresses are connected to it.
    | >| Any suggestions? Freeware / Shareware / Trialware preferred.
    | >|
    | >| T.
    | >|
    | >|

    | >Give the Windows Media Encoder a go.
    | >it's 100% free, real streaming (to the Windows Media Player), and you can
    | >see which IP is connected to it!
    | >(you can even do sound if needed)
    | >
    | >More info @
    |
    >http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/9series/encoder/default.aspx
    | >
    | >Want to see it in action? Go and have a look at http://webcam.kijk.info
    | >
    | >Noël

  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.webcam (More info?)

    "SlAyEr" <phlem1MYSHORTS@btinternet.com> wrote in message
    > "Thomas Houseman"
    > <thomashousemanHADTOPUTTHISHERETOSTOPTHESWENVIRUS@hotmail.com> wrote in
    > message news:c4d0ra$2gv4ub$1@ID-90831.news.uni-berlin.de...
    > > Can anyone recommend some webcam software please?
    > > I want to be able to constantly stream my webcam feed and see which IP
    > > addresses are connected to it.
    > > Any suggestions? Freeware / Shareware / Trialware preferred.
    > >
    > > T.
    > >

    > http://www.uk-software.com/
    >
    > a good software package and does everything yu ask
    >
    > regards slayer
    >

    > --
    > > if the following image offends then dont look at it...
    >

    > /'_/)
    > ,/_ /
    > / /
    > /'_'/' '/'_'7,
    > /'/ / / /"
    > ('( ' ' _~/
    > \ '
    > '\' \ _7
    > \ (
    > \ \.
    >

    > > ERROR 404 SIG NOT FOUND . END OF INSTRUCTION , PROGRAM FAILED TO
    > INITIALIZE. KILL ALL ENEMIES OF THE UK AND COALITION FORCES NOW !!!
    >

    > SOME PEOPLE ENJOY SIPPING FROM THE FOUNTAIN OF KNOWLEDGE...........
    >
    > PERSONALLY ,,,, SWALLOWING GALLONS IS MY THING......
    >
    > > remove my shorts to email me direct....
    >
    > phlem1@myshortsbtinertnet.com

    This program installs horrible popup messages from the startbar, but apart
    from that works nicely.

    T.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.webcam (More info?)

    "Noël" <n03l@REMOVE-hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > "Thomas Houseman"
    > <thomashousemanHADTOPUTTHISHERETOSTOPTHESWENVIRUS@hotmail.com> wrote in
    > message news:c4d0ra$2gv4ub$1@ID-90831.news.uni-berlin.de...
    > | Can anyone recommend some webcam software please?
    > | I want to be able to constantly stream my webcam feed and see which IP
    > | addresses are connected to it.
    > | Any suggestions? Freeware / Shareware / Trialware preferred.
    > |
    > | T.
    > |

    > Give the Windows Media Encoder a go.
    > it's 100% free, real streaming (to the Windows Media Player), and you can
    > see which IP is connected to it!
    > (you can even do sound if needed)
    >
    > More info @
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/9series/encoder/default.aspx
    >
    > Want to see it in action? Go and have a look at http://webcam.kijk.info
    >
    > Noël
    >
    > --
    > www.resize2mail.com | webcam.kijk.info

    Ok I've tried this program and it's brilliant - hard to say that about
    Microsoft, but they've excelled themselves this time. However how do I
    code it into a HTML page? Currently using the mms://IPadd:PortNo method to
    view it.

    Rgds,
    T,
  7. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.webcam (More info?)

    message news:c4ftre$2j269q$2@ID-90831.news.uni-berlin.de...

    | "Noël" <n03l@REMOVE-hotmail.com> wrote in message
    | >
    | > "Thomas Houseman"
    | > <thomashousemanHADTOPUTTHISHERETOSTOPTHESWENVIRUS@hotmail.com> wrote in
    | > message news:c4d0ra$2gv4ub$1@ID-90831.news.uni-berlin.de...
    | > | Can anyone recommend some webcam software please?
    | > | I want to be able to constantly stream my webcam feed and see which IP
    | > | addresses are connected to it.
    | > | Any suggestions? Freeware / Shareware / Trialware preferred.
    | > |
    | > | T.
    | > |
    | > |

    | > Give the Windows Media Encoder a go.
    | > it's 100% free, real streaming (to the Windows Media Player), and you
    can
    | > see which IP is connected to it!
    | > (you can even do sound if needed)
    | >
    | > More info @

    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/9series/encoder/default.aspx

    | > Want to see it in action? Go and have a look at http://webcam.kijk.info
    | >
    | > Noël
    | >
    | > --
    | > www.resize2mail.com | webcam.kijk.info
    | >

    | Ok I've tried this program and it's brilliant - hard to say that about
    | Microsoft, but they've excelled themselves this time. However how do I
    | code it into a HTML page? Currently using the mms://IPadd:PortNo method
    | view it.
    |
    | Rgds,
    | T,

    You will need to add the following <object> code to your HTML page:
    (not sure if it will showup ok here.. if not, have a look at the code of my
    webcam page!)

    <object id="NSPlay"
    width="336"
    height="280"
    classid="CLSID:22D6F312-B0F6-11D0-94AB-0080C74C7E95"
    codebase="http://activex.microsoft.com/activex/controls/mplayer/en/nsmp2inf.
    cab#Version=5,1,52,701"
    standby="Loading Microsoft Windows Media Player components..."
    type="application/x-oleobject">
    <param name="FileName" value="mms://IPadd:PortNo">
    <param name="ShowControls" value="0">
    <param name="ShowDisplay" value="0">
    <param name="ShowStatusBar" value="1">
    <param name="AutoSize" value="0">
    <embed width = "336"
    height = "280"
    type="application/x-mplayer2"
    pluginspage="http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/Downloads/Contents/Products/Me
    diaPlayer/"
    filename="mms://IPadd:PortNo"
    showcontrols="0"
    showdisplay="0"
    showstatusbar="1"
    autosize="0">
    </embed>
    </object>

    Make sure you set the param name "FileName" to your IP / port. Same thing
    for the "filename="
    With "ShowControls", "ShowDisplay", "ShowStatusBar" and "AutoSize" you can
    set some extra things!
    (0 = off and 1 = on)

    Size can be set with "width" and "height"

    If you are behind a firewall, you will also need to open the port that you
    are using for streaming!

    Let me know if you need anymore help!

    Noël

    --