Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Can anyone recommend some webcam software please?

Tags:
  • Webcams
  • Software
  • Peripherals
Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Anonymous
March 31, 2004 1:46:28 PM

Can anyone recommend some webcam software please?
I want to be able to constantly stream my webcam feed and see which IP
addresses are connected to it.
Any suggestions? Freeware / Shareware / Trialware preferred.

T.

More about : recommend webcam software

March 31, 2004 1:46:29 PM

"Thomas Houseman"
<thomashousemanHADTOPUTTHISHERETOSTOPTHESWENVIRUS@hotmail.com> wrote in
message news:c4d0ra$2gv4ub$1@ID-90831.news.uni-berlin.de...
> Can anyone recommend some webcam software please?
> I want to be able to constantly stream my webcam feed and see which IP
> addresses are connected to it.
> Any suggestions? Freeware / Shareware / Trialware preferred.
>
> T.

http://www.uk-software.com/

a good software package and does everything yu ask

regards slayer

--
> if the following image offends then dont look at it...

/'_/)
,/_ /
/ /
/'_'/' '/'_'7,
/'/ / / /"
('( ' ' _~/
\ '
'\' \ _7
\ (
\ \.

> ERROR 404 SIG NOT FOUND . END OF INSTRUCTION , PROGRAM FAILED TO
INITIALIZE. KILL ALL ENEMIES OF THE UK AND COALITION FORCES NOW !!!

SOME PEOPLE ENJOY SIPPING FROM THE FOUNTAIN OF KNOWLEDGE...........

PERSONALLY ,,,, SWALLOWING GALLONS IS MY THING......

> remove my shorts to email me direct....

phlem1@myshortsbtinertnet.com
Anonymous
March 31, 2004 2:43:20 PM

"Thomas Houseman"
<thomashousemanHADTOPUTTHISHERETOSTOPTHESWENVIRUS@hotmail.com> wrote in
message news:c4d0ra$2gv4ub$1@ID-90831.news.uni-berlin.de...
| Can anyone recommend some webcam software please?
| I want to be able to constantly stream my webcam feed and see which IP
| addresses are connected to it.
| Any suggestions? Freeware / Shareware / Trialware preferred.
|
| T.

Give the Windows Media Encoder a go.
it's 100% free, real streaming (to the Windows Media Player), and you can
see which IP is connected to it!
(you can even do sound if needed)

More info @
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/9series/e...

Want to see it in action? Go and have a look at http://webcam.kijk.info

Noël

--
www.resize2mail.com | webcam.kijk.info
March 31, 2004 11:00:54 PM

Hi Noel,
brilliant example. Thanks I think I'll try the software
myself.

Only problem is that the cars were all driving on the wrong side of
the road ( in Australia we drive on the left side like in the UK)

Cheers

Phillip

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 10:43:20 +0200, "Noël" <n03l@REMOVE-hotmail.com>
wrote:

>"Thomas Houseman"
><thomashousemanHADTOPUTTHISHERETOSTOPTHESWENVIRUS@hotmail.com> wrote in
>message news:c4d0ra$2gv4ub$1@ID-90831.news.uni-berlin.de...
>| Can anyone recommend some webcam software please?
>| I want to be able to constantly stream my webcam feed and see which IP
>| addresses are connected to it.
>| Any suggestions? Freeware / Shareware / Trialware preferred.
>|
>| T.
>|

>Give the Windows Media Encoder a go.
>it's 100% free, real streaming (to the Windows Media Player), and you can
>see which IP is connected to it!
>(you can even do sound if needed)
>
>More info @
>http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/9series/e...
>
>Want to see it in action? Go and have a look at http://webcam.kijk.info
>
>Noël
Anonymous
March 31, 2004 11:00:55 PM

"Phillip Simpson" <psimpson@yican.com.au> wrote in message
| Hi Noel,
| brilliant example. Thanks I think I'll try the software
| myself.
|
| Only problem is that the cars were all driving on the wrong side of
| the road ( in Australia we drive on the left side like in the UK)
|
| Cheers
|

| Phillip

Hi Philip,

I guess I could mirror the "image" for you :-/
Only problem will be that the rest of the world will complain that they are
driving on the wrong side of the road :-)

Re: I'll try the software myself.

Some small tips.

1) Try 1st to connect to your stream like this:
mms://your_ip:your_port (you will need to change your_ip and your_port to
what you have set)
After that you can start doing the fancy stuff like getting it to work in a
HTML page!

2) Start encoding with one "Encoder Profile" and do not start to high! I'm
streaming (Video bit rate) at 69 Kbps (I love that nr.) and with a "Frame
rate" of 20 fps. Why? If you set it all to high, it will use a lot of CPU
power! Once it's all setup ok, you can start adding more video bit rate's
and see if your CPU can handle it.

Let me know if you get stuck!

Good luck.

Noël

--
www.resize2mail.com | webcam.kijk.info

| On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 10:43:20 +0200, "Noël" <n03l@REMOVE-hotmail.com>
| wrote:
|

| >"Thomas Houseman"
| ><thomashousemanHADTOPUTTHISHERETOSTOPTHESWENVIRUS@hotmail.com> wrote in
| >message news:c4d0ra$2gv4ub$1@ID-90831.news.uni-berlin.de...
| >| Can anyone recommend some webcam software please?
| >| I want to be able to constantly stream my webcam feed and see which IP
| >| addresses are connected to it.
| >| Any suggestions? Freeware / Shareware / Trialware preferred.
| >|
| >| T.
| >|
| >|

| >Give the Windows Media Encoder a go.
| >it's 100% free, real streaming (to the Windows Media Player), and you can
| >see which IP is connected to it!
| >(you can even do sound if needed)
| >
| >More info @
|
>http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/9series/e...
| >
| >Want to see it in action? Go and have a look at http://webcam.kijk.info
| >
| >Noël

Anonymous
April 1, 2004 4:10:32 PM

"SlAyEr" <phlem1MYSHORTS@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> "Thomas Houseman"
> <thomashousemanHADTOPUTTHISHERETOSTOPTHESWENVIRUS@hotmail.com> wrote in
> message news:c4d0ra$2gv4ub$1@ID-90831.news.uni-berlin.de...
> > Can anyone recommend some webcam software please?
> > I want to be able to constantly stream my webcam feed and see which IP
> > addresses are connected to it.
> > Any suggestions? Freeware / Shareware / Trialware preferred.
> >
> > T.
> >

> http://www.uk-software.com/
>
> a good software package and does everything yu ask
>
> regards slayer
>

> --
> > if the following image offends then dont look at it...
>

> /'_/)
> ,/_ /
> / /
> /'_'/' '/'_'7,
> /'/ / / /"
> ('( ' ' _~/
> \ '
> '\' \ _7
> \ (
> \ \.
>

> > ERROR 404 SIG NOT FOUND . END OF INSTRUCTION , PROGRAM FAILED TO
> INITIALIZE. KILL ALL ENEMIES OF THE UK AND COALITION FORCES NOW !!!
>

> SOME PEOPLE ENJOY SIPPING FROM THE FOUNTAIN OF KNOWLEDGE...........
>
> PERSONALLY ,,,, SWALLOWING GALLONS IS MY THING......
>
> > remove my shorts to email me direct....
>
> phlem1@myshortsbtinertnet.com

This program installs horrible popup messages from the startbar, but apart
from that works nicely.

T.
Anonymous
April 1, 2004 4:12:57 PM

"Noël" <n03l@REMOVE-hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "Thomas Houseman"
> <thomashousemanHADTOPUTTHISHERETOSTOPTHESWENVIRUS@hotmail.com> wrote in
> message news:c4d0ra$2gv4ub$1@ID-90831.news.uni-berlin.de...
> | Can anyone recommend some webcam software please?
> | I want to be able to constantly stream my webcam feed and see which IP
> | addresses are connected to it.
> | Any suggestions? Freeware / Shareware / Trialware preferred.
> |
> | T.
> |

> Give the Windows Media Encoder a go.
> it's 100% free, real streaming (to the Windows Media Player), and you can
> see which IP is connected to it!
> (you can even do sound if needed)
>
> More info @
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/9series/e...
>
> Want to see it in action? Go and have a look at http://webcam.kijk.info
>
> Noël
>
> --
> www.resize2mail.com | webcam.kijk.info

Ok I've tried this program and it's brilliant - hard to say that about
Microsoft, but they've excelled themselves this time. However how do I
code it into a HTML page? Currently using the mms://IPadd:p ortNo method to
view it.

Rgds,
T,
Anonymous
April 1, 2004 4:12:58 PM

message news:c4ftre$2j269q$2@ID-90831.news.uni-berlin.de...

| "Noël" <n03l@REMOVE-hotmail.com> wrote in message
| >
| > "Thomas Houseman"
| > <thomashousemanHADTOPUTTHISHERETOSTOPTHESWENVIRUS@hotmail.com> wrote in
| > message news:c4d0ra$2gv4ub$1@ID-90831.news.uni-berlin.de...
| > | Can anyone recommend some webcam software please?
| > | I want to be able to constantly stream my webcam feed and see which IP
| > | addresses are connected to it.
| > | Any suggestions? Freeware / Shareware / Trialware preferred.
| > |
| > | T.
| > |
| > |

| > Give the Windows Media Encoder a go.
| > it's 100% free, real streaming (to the Windows Media Player), and you
can
| > see which IP is connected to it!
| > (you can even do sound if needed)
| >
| > More info @

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/9series/e...

| > Want to see it in action? Go and have a look at http://webcam.kijk.info
| >
| > Noël
| >
| > --
| > www.resize2mail.com | webcam.kijk.info
| >

| Ok I've tried this program and it's brilliant - hard to say that about
| Microsoft, but they've excelled themselves this time. However how do I
| code it into a HTML page? Currently using the mms://IPadd:p ortNo method
| view it.
|
| Rgds,
| T,

You will need to add the following <object> code to your HTML page:
(not sure if it will showup ok here.. if not, have a look at the code of my
webcam page!)

<object id="NSPlay"
width="336"
height="280"
classid="CLSID:22D6F312-B0F6-11D0-94AB-0080C74C7E95"
codebase="http://activex.microsoft.com/activex/controls/mplayer/e....
cab#Version=5,1,52,701"
standby="Loading Microsoft Windows Media Player components..."
type="application/x-oleobject">
<param name="FileName" value="mms://IPadd:p ortNo">
<param name="ShowControls" value="0">
<param name="ShowDisplay" value="0">
<param name="ShowStatusBar" value="1">
<param name="AutoSize" value="0">
<embed width = "336"
height = "280"
type="application/x-mplayer2"
pluginspage="http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/Downloads/Contents/Pro...
diaPlayer/"
filename="mms://IPadd:p ortNo"
showcontrols="0"
showdisplay="0"
showstatusbar="1"
autosize="0">
</embed>
</object>

Make sure you set the param name "FileName" to your IP / port. Same thing
for the "filename="
With "ShowControls", "ShowDisplay", "ShowStatusBar" and "AutoSize" you can
set some extra things!
(0 = off and 1 = on)

Size can be set with "width" and "height"

If you are behind a firewall, you will also need to open the port that you
are using for streaming!

Let me know if you need anymore help!

Noël

--