Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

iPaq 3660

Last response: in Cell Phones & Smartphones
Share
Anonymous
February 22, 2005 9:17:40 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync (More info?)

Hi, I'm beginning to develop apps for ipaq and I would like to use my
3660 with Windows CE 3.0 ...

I sinchronize with no problems with ActiveSync, but I can't get IE
openning web sites ?

When I connect an iPaq 3870 to ActiveSync, I hav no problems for
Internet surfing...

What am I missing ?

TIA

More about : ipaq 3660

Anonymous
February 22, 2005 9:17:41 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync (More info?)

Sounds like you may have the old pocket pc OS on your 3650, with pocket pc
2002 you were able to use the passthrough feature in activesync to surf the
web but not with pocket pc 2000. AFAIK the upgrade from ppc2k to ppc 2k2
isn't available from HP anymore, you may be able to find someone selling it
on ebay.

--
--
Eric Hicks [That_Kid] (MS-MVP Mobile Devices)

The MS-MVP Program - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights...

"Franck Diastein" <fdiastein@euskaltel.net> wrote in message
news:uEmFjJQGFHA.444@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Hi, I'm beginning to develop apps for ipaq and I would like to use my 3660
> with Windows CE 3.0 ...
>
> I sinchronize with no problems with ActiveSync, but I can't get IE
> openning web sites ?
>
> When I connect an iPaq 3870 to ActiveSync, I hav no problems for Internet
> surfing...
>
> What am I missing ?
>
> TIA
Anonymous
February 23, 2005 12:46:58 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync (More info?)

Eric Hicks [MVP, Windows Mobile devices] fumbled, fiddled and fingered:

> Sounds like you may have the old pocket pc OS on your 3650, with
> pocket pc 2002 you were able to use the passthrough feature in
> activesync to surf the web but not with pocket pc 2000. AFAIK the
> upgrade from ppc2k to ppc 2k2 isn't available from HP anymore, you
> may be able to find someone selling it on ebay.
>

Plus I seem to recall that passthru surfing was only available via a USB
cradle, it would'nt work with an RS232 serial cradle connection?

--
Steve Parry BA (Hons) MCP MVP

http://www.gwynfryn.co.uk
Related resources
Anonymous
February 23, 2005 8:19:14 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync (More info?)

Why not? Using Bluetooth in ActiveSync mode i connect as via COM3.
Actually ActiveSync doesnt know what is Bluetooth, so it must be right for
usual COM too.

"Steve Parry [MVP]" <k100rs_1990@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:eQTgqyYGFHA.1068@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> Eric Hicks [MVP, Windows Mobile devices] fumbled, fiddled and fingered:
>
> > Sounds like you may have the old pocket pc OS on your 3650, with
> > pocket pc 2002 you were able to use the passthrough feature in
> > activesync to surf the web but not with pocket pc 2000. AFAIK the
> > upgrade from ppc2k to ppc 2k2 isn't available from HP anymore, you
> > may be able to find someone selling it on ebay.
> >
>
> Plus I seem to recall that passthru surfing was only available via a USB
> cradle, it would'nt work with an RS232 serial cradle connection?
>
> --
> Steve Parry BA (Hons) MCP MVP
>
> http://www.gwynfryn.co.uk
>
>
Anonymous
February 23, 2005 8:19:15 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync (More info?)

Amirov Zakhar fumbled, fiddled and fingered:

> Why not? Using Bluetooth in ActiveSync mode i connect as via COM3.
> Actually ActiveSync doesnt know what is Bluetooth, so it must be
> right for usual COM too.
>

Don't know .. I just seem to recall (possibly incorrectly maybe) that
there was an issue with the serial cradle and passthru. As I say I may
be wrong perhaps someone can confirm either way?

--
Steve Parry BA (Hons) MCP MVP

http://www.gwynfryn.co.uk
Anonymous
February 25, 2005 12:59:52 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync (More info?)

confirm ;-) 3630 works with net with passthru on serial cradle, ppc2002
!