Opinions please - Logitech QuickCam Cordless

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
April 3, 2004 4:15:17 PM

Anybody got any views on this webcam? Will it transmit thru' house
floors/walls?

http://web6.scan.co.uk/Products/Info.asp?WPID=52061
Anonymous
April 3, 2004 11:35:43 PM

> I was not very impressed with it.
>
> Although the Camera does work , cordless, over a short range I found
> the image quality quite poor and from about 20 feet tended to pick up
> interference you need the mains adaptor or it will eat batteries.
>
> It does not have any focus ring on tghe lense and the software does
> not allow Zoom or Tilt in my opinion it is a bad buy for the high
> price.
>
> I have just replaced it with a Qick Cam Pro 4000 a much better animal
> using ccd technology not cmos.
>
> Others may have fared better so unless you can try before you buy I
> suggest you think carefully

Would you consider selling it on and if so, how much, bearing in mind your
comments.

Well, you've got to ask - haven't you!!

Of course, I would consider a reasonable price taking into account that a
brand new one is around £130.
Anonymous
April 4, 2004 2:29:06 PM

for that money you can probably buy yourself a wifi card and network cam if
you shop carefully and then increase your range 10X and then some
Anonymous
April 4, 2004 6:31:12 PM

> for that money you can probably buy yourself a wifi card and network cam
if
> you shop carefully and then increase your range 10X and then some

The only network cam I have found is D-Link DCS-2100+ Webcam which doesn't
have a very good rating. Can you suggest something better?
!