Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • DDR2
  • SLI
  • Dual Core
  • Overclocking
Last response: in Overclocking
November 16, 2006 7:59:19 PM

what would u guys reccomend as the best mobo to OC with ( with dual core, sli/xfire, and ddr2) for your buck?

More about : choosing mobo

November 18, 2006 11:30:05 AM

Quote:
what would u guys reccomend as the best mobo to OC with ( with dual core, sli/xfire, and ddr2) for your buck?

its crossfire bro...

x does not mean a cross

† thats a cross
November 18, 2006 12:05:10 PM

Yeah, X does mean cross. Haven't you ever seen one of these signs?

X=Cross. Thus, "Fat Kid Crossing".

Anyways, what CPU is this for? Intel or AMD?

~Ibrahim~
Related resources
November 18, 2006 1:10:04 PM

I recomend the ASUS P5B deluxe ( if we are talking about a C2D cpu )
November 18, 2006 3:19:18 PM

Quote:
Yeah, X does mean cross. Haven't you ever seen one of these signs?

X=Cross. Thus, "Fat Kid Crossing".

Anyways, what CPU is this for? Intel or AMD?

~Ibrahim~

I might if it was a REAL sign :?
November 18, 2006 4:10:22 PM

lmao, I couldn't find a picture of a real one, but they are everywhere...

~Ibrahim~
November 19, 2006 7:56:10 AM

X does indeed seem to be a valid, universally accepted, symbol for ‘crossing’… to see for yourself - google “train crossing sign”, look at pictures

I bought the asus p5wDH deluxe and the x6800 today, There are boards that post faster results (e.g. gaming and running other tests) than this asus, but the asus has all the bells and whistles that no can touch except intel. I wont be able to sleep until they come in, I ordered them second day from newegg so hopefully they will show up on Tuesday. I also wont be eating anything except Ramen soup for the next three months… lol Check out Tomshardware's motherboard page for several rather up-to-date articles
November 19, 2006 4:25:57 PM

http://images.google.com/images?svnum=10&hl=en&lr=&q=Pe...

My google-fu is still strong. Now admit that you were wrong and you have no common sense... =P

Best OC'ing mobo non SLI/Xfire would be the P5B-E 1.02G revision. Anandtech was able to take it up to a 525mhz FSB without a problem. C2D mobo also.

Best OC'ing mobo with SLI, 680i from Nvidia. Can also hit above 500 MHZ without too much of a problem, only thing is that 4mb cache versions of the C2D gives it issues.

Best OC'ing mobo for XFire... Foxconn X7AB or the Abit AW9D-MAX. The P5W-DH is also nice, but costs a bit more. All C2D mobo's.
June 8, 2007 3:16:00 AM

Fensus What MB did you end up buying? Sorry that your post was derailed by that nit-picky jerk