Sign in with
Your question

LinkSys WAG354G VPN Setup

Last response: in Networking
March 9, 2006 5:13:10 AM

I am looking for some documentation to read about VPN setup for the LinKsys WAG354G.

Because When I setup VPN between two PCs at home one of them was dialup connection and the other was ADSL router, it did not work
March 15, 2006 4:31:20 PM

A vpn is mainly used to connect computers to sites or sites to sites over the internet. Why do you want to make a vpn on your local LAN?
March 15, 2006 5:27:52 PM

Quote:
Why do you want to make a vpn on your local LAN?

I did not say that I want to setup VPN within the LAN. I want to setup VPN between dialup PC and ADSL PC.
Quote:
I setup VPN between two PCs at home one of them was dialup connection and the other was ADSL router, it did not work
Related resources
March 15, 2006 7:25:50 PM

I do not believe the WAG354G has the ability to host VPNs. You would have to run a VPN server from within your network and forward the necessary ports to it.
The manual on the linksys site explains how to setup the router to forward the vpn ports:
ftp://ftp.linksys.com/international/userguides/WAG354G-EU_ug.pdf

I'm not sure what sort of VPN server software is avaliable for windows though...
March 25, 2006 5:37:00 PM

Quote:
I do not believe the WAG354G has the ability to host VPNs

You are right ,,,I replaced this router with a WAG54G V2,,,it has got VPN Tunnel, that means it can act as VPN server,,,,I went through its configuration, but it did not work with VPN client (TheGreenBow).

Is there any source show me step by step how to configure that ?
June 18, 2006 1:53:25 AM

it could be just a vpn setup thats what not configured properly on the your router.and make sure the other pc is configure with the same vpn settings from your vpn settings on the router. :wink:
!