Capturing image/photo using built in camera of a Pocket PC

February 22, 2005 10:53:01 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.windowsce.embedded.vb,microsoft.public.pocketpc.developer,microsoft.public.vb.vbce,microsoft.public.windowsce.embedded.vb (More info?)

Hi,

I am creating an application in eVb(embedded Visual basic 3.0).Is there
a way to capture an image from the built-in camera of the Pocket PC(HHP
Dolphin 9500 Pocket PC) on the click of a button on a form of the eVb
application? And once the image/photo is captured, is it possible to
load the captured picture automatically to a picture box control in run
time?

Any help will be very much appreciated..

Thanks,
Ann
March 7, 2005 2:40:45 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.windowsce.embedded.vb,microsoft.public.pocketpc.developer,microsoft.public.vb.vbce (More info?)

picture.loadpicture(image)

nsajus@yahoo.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am creating an application in eVb(embedded Visual basic 3.0).Is there
> a way to capture an image from the built-in camera of the Pocket PC(HHP
> Dolphin 9500 Pocket PC) on the click of a button on a form of the eVb
> application? And once the image/photo is captured, is it possible to
> load the captured picture automatically to a picture box control in run
> time?
>
> Any help will be very much appreciated..
>
> Thanks,
> Ann

Anonymous
March 7, 2005 5:48:04 PM

On 22 Feb 2005 19:53:01 -0800, nsajus@yahoo.com wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am creating an application in eVb(embedded Visual basic 3.0).Is there
>a way to capture an image from the built-in camera of the Pocket PC(HHP
>Dolphin 9500 Pocket PC) on the click of a button on a form of the eVb
>application? And once the image/photo is captured, is it possible to
>load the captured picture automatically to a picture box control in run
>time?
>
>Any help will be very much appreciated..

I just used google (http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search) to
look up
camera
in microsoft.public.pocketpc.developer and got 170 hits. I took a
quick look at the first few and am sure you will find useful info. I
also tried searching for
evb camera
and got 7 hits, but none looked useful.

>Thanks,